PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Clearance

Henson
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Lately I’ve been thinking of changing my exhaust. I built a 3”x2.5 Y out of 304 and ran out the back. My problem is that the torque arm and panhard bar make it tight and it tends to rub. My solution right now is to merge to oval and run out in front of both wheels. Has anyone done this? I’m sketchy on this because I prefer to keep everything stock looking.

Plan B is to do away with the gas tank and go with fuel cell. This would also help me with positioning inline fuel pump. I could get it up off the ground! Fuel cell does not equal stock looking, unless I can hide it. Oh, the problems…

Any thoughts…

Henson
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I guess I should of read the thread four doors down.

Henson
01-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Well would you modify the exhaust and go side pipe or go fuel cell. I would run it at an angle like the 2nd Gen Lightning. Maybe two on one side?

Pat_in_L.A.
01-13-2006, 05:01 AM
... This would also help me with poisoning inline fuel pump.
Why poison it when you can electrocute it?

NavySVO
01-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Why poison it when you can electrocute it?
Pat, I think he meant "position" the fuel pump. Remember it from the reunion? That behemouth fuel pump out back under the bumper cover? I thought it was a tow-hook/trailer hitch!! What a beast on theat 9L!!
Did you ever get the alternator upgrade to support that big fella? Another thread maybe.........