PDA

View Full Version : PIcs of my setup.

boostedbruiser
01-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Just wanted to show off my Exhaust pics. I have 3 in DP, 2.5" pipe after the Cat, and spintech mufflers.

It sounds good when theres something in the engine bay to push air through the system. all in all it was 450 bucks total.

boostedbruiser
01-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Another shot.

boostedbruiser
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
last one tail pipes

boostedbruiser
01-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Heres a pic of my old cat, after a turbine explodes and goes down the exhsut. notice the lack of something????

Bryan
01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Please post some of the tail pipes as well. Spintech mufflers? How expensive are they?

boostedbruiser
01-29-2006, 03:11 AM
i have gotten 3 mufflers off a guy on ebay. he's a good dealer and they only cost 55 each + shipping. the tail pipes i have are regular 5.0 pipies, from flowmaster. i would take a pic but the car is in peices backed into the garge. i'll get a pic and sound clip, once i get the engine back together.

i love the mufflers. you can't the price and they sound awesome.

svobrown
01-29-2006, 05:08 AM
Thats what all cats look like don't they?
Those are little bitty mufflers. Are they stainless? They look like paint thinner cans, just need the handles.
Looks neat and fits very well even with the stock fuel pump setup.

boostedbruiser
01-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Well i did do the high flow pump upgrade and swapped the inline pump for a ranger filter. The muffler shop was a little concerned with the plastic fuel lines, but theres enough slack to ensure they stay away from the tail pipe.

Although small they are effective. little different tone then flowmaster, but like i said before, i like them. the size is convient. i read some where on the web that they flow better than flowmasters.

I can say with experience that on my VW the muffler is quiter than a straight through design, sounds better than straight though, and well my track times didn't change any with either muffler, straight through or spintech. So i guess they flow well.

On the botttle my GTI still turned 14.6. I will admit though for some reason on my GTI both straight through design and spintech mufflers resonate bad. Sounds awesome outside, gives a nice drone at 50-80mph in fifth inside. The end result was the wife complaining, and me having to build a plug for the muffler. No problems on the SVO with this.

Heres the website for all the technical stuff. Don't waste your time doing the multimedia version, it sucks..........click here (http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp)

My mufflers are the street version" Prostreet series muffler"

NavySVO
02-13-2006, 12:03 PM
:bump:

Have you had a chance to get any more pics?

Also,where did you get the 1 into 2 pipe that goes to the mufflers?

Looks good

MacGyver
02-13-2006, 12:38 PM
it looks good. make me want to finnish mine. i have decided to go cat only and no mufflers for now, see how it sounds then add spintechs if i need some. i would like to hear them before i buy them so if you get some sound clips please share them

boostedbruiser
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Sorry i can't update pics but i'm currently away at my job. i will be back on the 26th. hopefully i'll get my car back together and i'll have pics and a sound byte. i'll keep ya'll posted