PDA

View Full Version : SVO Oil Cooler

8T6 SVO
10-05-2002, 07:10 PM
On the SVO, there is only one gasket on the oil cooler - the one that mounts inbetween the cooler & the block. I know that they make an o-ring for the threaded sleeve that holds the cooler to the block, but my SVO did not come with this o-ring. Is it absent for a reason? Is it o.k. to use the o-ring anyway? anybody seen this? Bud, I know you have restore your car throughly enough to know the answer.

Thanks,

Greg

svobud
10-05-2002, 07:43 PM
yeah, but to tell the truth - I really don't remember what I did with that. Heck, it's been well over 3 years ago since I had that engine setting out in a million pieces. I think I just used the gasket, but I'm not 100% on it...

Ty might know....but it'll be late tomorrow before he's back online. He's out playing music...

SVOPaul
10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
I don't recall seeing this on any SVO engine....there is the rubber O ring between the block and cooler and it just secures with the center threaded bolt....no O ring on that one that I recall. I just pulled a motor apart last week so I could go look at the oil cooler at the shop to confirm if you need it....

SVOeric
10-05-2002, 10:17 PM
I just rebuilt mine last year... I dont remember anything but the one that goes between the block, and the cooler...

dsrk98
10-05-2002, 10:21 PM
There is an orange oil filter type seal that goes between the oil cooler and the block. It is still available from ford for $10.45 here is the part# E3ZZ-6L621-A

8T6 SVO
10-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks for your replies - I've got both, the block to cooler gasket(o-ring), and the o-ring for the center sleeve bolt. I think the 5.0 oil coolers came with the o-ring and the SVO coolers did not. I don't know the difference between the two coolers and thought I might need the o-ring and purchased it before I took the cooler apart. The SVO cooler sleeve has a groove for an o-ring, but the o-ring was absent when I removed the sleeve. It appears that an o-ring could work - but is probably not needed from your replies.

Thanks