PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Question

2rvsperf
10-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Ok..... I am like a new mother with this SVO.. A silly question..

Will temperature effect the sound of the turbo? I brought the car in today for a show and shine, and did notice coming home that the turbo sounds a little louder at first until the car gets up to operating temp.

I have an adjustable wastegate, and a turbo timer. I know all of the owners have taken very good care of the car, and used synethic everything. She drives great, and builds boost like crazy... going down the interestate.. she is totally gone.. so I wouldn't think the turbo is bad.. just wondering about new sounds and things..

Thanks again for the support!

-2rvsperf
:rolleyes:

izzy
10-21-2002, 03:56 AM
Well I am no expert at these cars just yet but just to put in my thoughts, my 85 does the same exact thing. It's actually pretty cool that it whines loudly i guess but after i get to driving the car a few miles, the loud whine goes away, i guess its the oil warming up and expanding and that sort of thing. Basically, yes, mine does it too and yes it runs perfectly fine warm too.

2rvsperf
10-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Well.. that's good to hear. When I got the car last month, it was still pretty hot all the time outside, and now that it has cooled here going into fall, I have noticed that the whine is louder untill the car gets up to operating temp.

I was just wanting to make sure that bearings were still in good shape.

Thanks!

-2rvsperf
:cool: