PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Topic

Jim W
10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
We are working on a bunch of new products for our cars and there really isn't a good place to post news, updates, etc. I don't want to garbage up some of the other topics.
Have you considered a topic where business supporters of the club can post not only new product information, but also thing like specials?

Thanks,

Jim

schlot
10-29-2006, 11:27 AM
That would be a great idea....specials, new products.....free items to guys that have "sch" in their names....yeah, I like that a lot!

Sincerely, "sch"lot

http://svomustang.blogspot.com

Jim W
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Can't give stuff away unless there is more support for this topic.

Oh Well!

Jim

schlot
10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok seriously (although free stuff is always accepted...grin) this is a great idea.
From what I've seen these vendors should get a special area....it actually will benefit us as end users to know what they have coming at us in parts and specials.

Will they get a little free advertising...sure, but the input they give to help us more than offsets this. As a small business owner myself, I know what kind of struggle it can be to keep things going.

Wayne
http://svomustang.blogspot.com

Bryan
10-31-2006, 05:04 PM
We are working on a bunch of new products for our cars and there really isn't a good place to post news, updates, etc. I don't want to garbage up some of the other topics.
Have you considered a topic where business supporters of the club can post not only new product information, but also thing like specials?

Good Idea. Lets do it! :)

svopony
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I give it a big thumbs up:thumb: :thumb:
X2

Bar

GAboySVO
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Jim,

There is a member's deals page already setup that links to your website that you could link to your speacials/new products, etc page.

You can also use the product review section to discuss new products and write reviews, etc.

I know PPI post its specials or products in the parts for sale section.

This may be something you want to talk to the Admins first.

Jim W
11-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Number one, I don't want to upset anyone. I already used the forbidden auction site word and the post was deleted. That is why I have been cautious about using the Product Review or Parts For Sale sections.

Personally, I don't like having to go through links.

Guess I will have to get in discussions with the site admin. persons.

Life is never easy!:)

Jim

SVOeric
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Actually, we did have a area like that for a while, it had 3 threads in it over the course of 6 months, -- So I whacked it.

Jim is right, it's not a great idea to use the product review section for such stuff either.

We certainly don't mind our supporting vendors using the lounge to announce new items, and such, but I can see the desire for a separate area.

Let me get together with my brother directors, and see what they think.

I do have to apologize to all -- My time has been EXTREMELY limited these past few months. but supposedly we enter the "freeze" at work Nov 15th, so hopefully after that, I won't have to work 90-100 hour weeks any more.

Pat_in_L.A.
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I feel a need to respond.

The paid member section has a space for "member deals". It excludes non paid guests, but it also reaches those who are dedicated enough to help pay dues to keep this site and club going. Those who commit to paying their dues are more likely to open up their wallet for the parts that they want. If your message doesn't appear to reach the non paid visitors, don't fret. The word seems to trickle down in a hurry for a well executed part. If it's a quality product, word of mouth will sell more than any paid advertisement.

onthegosvo
11-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I totally agree with Pat's comment....:thumb:

schlot
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Got to disagree....although I will be becoming a member, I think (unless I'm wrong) the major purpose of this club is to help the owners of the SVO breed out. If you keep it just to the paying members is that the best way?

Anyway, I hope the info is given out the best way the admins see fit.

Pat_in_L.A.
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Got to disagree....although I will be becoming a member, I think (unless I'm wrong) the major purpose of this club is to help the owners of the SVO breed out. If you keep it just to the paying members is that the best way?

Anyway, I hope the info is given out the best way the admins see fit.

So the paying members get the privelage of supporting the freeloaders? Tell me more about your theory.

85ttops
11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
im still not a paid member and have to agree with patinla

" but hope to be a paid mamber some time in the near future"

schlot
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Nice....I guess I thought by helping all (paying or not) it would help keep the car we all like more viable. Guess I was thinking of the big picture...not just this site.

schlot
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't think this is what Jim wanted to happen to this thread. He asked a simple question.

I'll shut my big mouth up on the subject. I am just a freeloader (for now) after all.

Jim W
11-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Didn't want to have everyone get all upset and into a in depth discussion regarding membership and so on.

Whatever works for the powers that be will work for me.

In my old age, I have learned (maybe) to avoid heated discussions.

What will be, will be.:cheers:

Jim

svobud
11-03-2006, 05:56 PM
schlot - being a paid MEMBER has it's priviledges here and this forum and club DOES support SVO owners (even the non-paying ones) by allowing them FREE access to the majority of our forum for tech Q&A, Classifieds, etc. while expecting nothing in return. IOW, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Jim - we (the BOD) will discuss it, but I doubt we'll create a new section for vendors to showcase their new products. We had it once and it was seldom used. For now, use the Members Only section for your prototype ideas to get feedback and by all means USE the classifieds for SVO specific products you're offering. I just ask that you be reasonable about the number of for sale ads you post in a month and please don't link or post eBay URLs. Thanks.

schlot
11-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Bud,

I pm'ed you.

Jim W
11-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Bud et al,

It was just a suggestion and if it is not the thing to do, lets move on.

Thanks,

Jim