PDA

View Full Version : rods turbo elbow

835.0RS
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
i am about to install a FMIC. also i was looking into the rods turbo elbow. has anyone ever used one? if so how well is it made and how does it hold up? what kind of performance gains will i see from a full 3" system right out of the turbo? also what do i need to have made to hook up to it, i can't tell form the pics i've seen.

indiana dave
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I put one on mine. Cut my old ETS downpipe off at the reduced part, and welded it to Rods elbow. I also ported my E6 out at the same time, but already had the remaining 3" single exhaust installed.
The ported E6 and Rods elbow definatly made spool up quick, and turbo lag almost nonexistant. The workmanship was fine, althoug I ground some ugly welds down a little. It's been on for a few years now and I'm happy with it.
You ought to check the product reviews here and at turboford. Many have used his and Bob Lees products,

svoman2300
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
You might have to go with a 40Bob's elbow. I don't think Rod is in the parts business any more.

indiana dave
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Bob and Rod pretty much work together I think... Contact Bob, and he'll get it from Rod... or something like that.