PDA

View Full Version : SVOCA North Vs. South !!

Gator
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah yeah !!!

...Its that time again..."North Vs South"..."SVOCA Civil War"..."Time to talk some serious S*$t"..."Revenge of the South" .....call it what you want, it all boils down to a whole lotta fun !!

Here is how this little program works...Its very simple.

First: You have to be registered for the Auto-X. (duh)

Second: On Saturday night 8PM, all those who are interested in running for their "side" will gather at the hotel to put their names in a hat. One hat for the North, one hat for the South.
( NOTE: You are not automatically entered in the Civil War if you are entered in the Auto-X...YOU HAVE TO VOLUNTEER !! )

Third: The names will be pulled and there you have your 3 person team.

Fourth: Each competitor will run the auto-x as they normally would. Each competitors FASTEST TIME will be averaged together with their teammate's.

Fifth: The lower avg time wins.

Sixth: The winning team gets one whole year to gloat.

There aint no trophey
There aint no glory
Just simple braggin' rights and some serious fun.

Im taking the following from the original Civil War post 2 years ago. The reason being is that it applies very well to this little tradition we have:"Lets keep in mind that this is just for fun and some good natured ribbin'...and If you are a beginner, I cannot imagine a better way to get some good advice from others.

Let me put it this way...if you are a first-timer...I promise you that I will be helping with some advice...and for the seasoned veteran, I am sure that you will be more than willing to help your "team" with the same....and that my friends is the REAL reason that we thought this up."

Soooooooooo ONCE AGAIN....that just leaves the simple question of ...... WHO IS IN !??!?!??!?!

....my name is Gator G Gator...and i will putting my name in the hat for the North (again.)

ON EDIT: Oh yeah...just to get the sh*t talkin going here, let me just remind everyone: http://www.svoca.com/events/nvs/index.htm

Current Score: North: 1
South: Goose egg.

ledfoot
08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Buttah B. Bishop reportin' fo duty. I'll be makin' up for lost time!

svobud
08-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Whu? you must stop drinking at 8pm the night before?!?!? I'm out.

Pat_in_L.A.
08-10-2007, 01:57 AM
GGG left out one important detail:

If you are lucky enough to be selected for a team, your alcohol consumption for the rest of the evening is cut off. We want all competitors to have the same advantage.
What Communist made up that rule? So you want to take away my competitive advantage? Saturday evening by 8PM I'll be in my lawn chair belted in with a 5-point harness and my Dewars going "VROOM VROOM".

OK, whose car can I steal for this event?

Gator
08-10-2007, 06:24 AM
GGG left out one important detail:

If you are lucky enough to be selected for a team, your alcohol consumption for the rest of the evening is cut off. We want all competitors to have the same advantage.

WHOO-WHAAHUH ???

Naw naw...that was just one of the smarter things "I" did. I encouraged Team South to continue drinking that night.

SVOeric
08-10-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm in.
Last time we did this, team north 'found' a set of racing tires. I suggest the south look for a similar trick.

NavySVO
08-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm in.
Last time we did this, team north 'found' a set of racing tires.
The real challenge would be for a "pit crew" to get them from one vehicle to the next in time to run .... :spin:

SVOeric
08-10-2007, 08:28 AM
for more info on how it was done before, go to the
SVOCA home link at the top right, and then click the north vs south link

RTStabler51
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Is this based on where you live or where you are from. I'm a Damn Yankee!

Gator
08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm in.
Last time we did this, team north 'found' a set of racing tires. I suggest the south look for a similar trick.

Naw naw, I straight-up stole 'em outta Coach Alvino's Expedition.

NavySVO
08-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Naw naw, I straight-up stole 'em outta Coach Alvino's Expedition.
A man after my own heart.....a guy that can admit to someone else's shortcomings! :thumb: :rolleyes:

svobud
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Is this based on where you live or where you are from. I'm a Damn Yankee!

Thought we already covered this ?

TheViking
08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
OK, whose car can I steal for this event?

You can have mine if you teach me how to autocross.

svobud
08-10-2007, 10:18 AM
You can have mine if you teach me how to autocross.

First things first. You're gonna need a bottle of scotch and a pack of marboro 100s.

That should get you started to becoming a SVOCA legend.

RTStabler51
08-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Thought we already covered this ?
Musta missed it, I just went back a skimmed quickly and didn't see anything?:wall:

svobud
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Musta missed it, I just went back a skimmed quickly and didn't see anything?:wall:

ok - clarification: you're listed by the State you're now residing (thus where the entry was submitted from), not where you were born. Sorry Yankee - you'll have to run for the South if you decide to take the challenge. ;)

TheViking
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
You're gonna need a bottle of scotch and a pack of marboro 100s

Would it be less of an effort if I brought scotch and cigars?

Gator
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
ok - clarification: you're listed by the State you're now residing (thus where the entry was submitted from), not where you were born. Sorry Yankee - you'll have to run for the South if you decide to take the challenge. ;)

That is unless you piss off General JayG and he makes a remark such as "We dont need you anyway" as he did with Rich Alvino :lol:

Pat_in_L.A.
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
No need to bring Scotch. Liquor Mart is nearby. Just make sure that your car has cup holders.

Gator
08-10-2007, 12:45 PM

So you gonna be there ?

jayG
08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
That is unless you piss off General JayG and he makes a remark such as "We dont need you anyway" as he did with Rich Alvino :lol:

Now this is childish :clown-n:

TheViking
08-10-2007, 01:27 PM
So you gonna be there ?

Yes, I'm going to be there! With the wife in tow.

Pat_in_L.A.
08-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I thought the car was supposed to be in tow, and the wife in the passenger seat! Are you towing the SVO or trailering it?

TheViking
08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I thought the car was supposed to be in tow, and the wife in the passenger seat! Are you towing the SVO or trailering it?

This is a brain teaser, isn't it? I'm actually driving the car down to the reunion. I'd like to tow a little trailer along so if she bugs me with the usual 'Can we stop so I can...', I can just put her in the trailer.

Hence, the wife in tow...

Bruce
08-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Roof racks are better for the turning but when she's got to go where does that leave you? By the way I'm in!!! North rules!!

Gator
08-10-2007, 09:59 PM
So i will just assume that everyone posting in here is running in the civil wars ?

SVORob
08-10-2007, 10:52 PM
since Kentucky was divided in the war Can I put my name in for both sides?
I don't remember which side I was on two years ago
But I'm in

svobud
08-11-2007, 02:35 AM
since Kentucky was divided in the war Can I put my name in for both sides?
I don't remember which side I was on two years ago
But I'm in

Redneck - hillbilly - Billy Ray Cyrus - SOUTH