PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar Question

SVO P51
02-05-2003, 10:30 AM
One of my front Sway Bar Mounts on my 84 SVO is bent. I would like to know if the aftermarket bushings come with the bracket,( some seem to) or if I will have to find one elsewhere?

Also, I currently have access to a 89 GT that is being parted, would the Sway Bar and Mounts work, or be of any advantage from this car? The 89 Sway Bar seems (which I haven't been able to measure yet) to be larger in diameter and the mounts are lower profile than mine.
Thanks!
Boyd

GAboySVO
02-05-2003, 02:36 PM
I have an "86 that the previous owner swapped both front and back sway bars from an '85 Turbo Coupe. The '85 turbo coupe came with a 1 3/8" front and 7/8" rear. They really keep the car level in the turns.

Energy Suspension makes one with a grease fitting. Check out the web site to get the propoer part number.

GAboySVO
02-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Here is the site address.

http://www.energysuspension.com/must2.html

SVO P51
02-05-2003, 08:55 PM
So, it looks like the one with the grease fitting comes with the mount. I guess that I can bend the outer piece back into shape enough to reuse it. That mount is bent forward of all things, I just wonder how it happened..
If the 89 GT Swaybar will fit, I might as well get it anyway, I didn't know with our cars having different A arms.
Thanks! Boyd

CP86SVO
02-05-2003, 10:13 PM
The stock 89 GT front bar will not fit on the SVO. The GT bar is significantly shorter in length than the SVO bar, so that the sway bar end links wouldn't line up properly. This is due to the different lengths of the control arms as well as the way the control arms are bolted to the front crossmember.

HTH WS