PDA

View Full Version : Modified Mustangs coming?

NavySVO
03-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe with Huber there we can get a rag to come and do a shoot and story?!
Well, I just wrote an email to Huw Evans at Modified Mustangs, and it read:

Huw,

Let me start off that we at the SVO Club of America (SVOCA) absolutely love your magazine and the articles you folks have put together on the SVO and other 2.3L Mustangs. You should remember Mike Parulski's grey 86 SVO you did a shoot on.

I am writing to invite you (beg is probably a better term) and your crew to spend the weekend with us from 10-12 October, 2008 for the 10th annual SVOCA reunion. This is going to be one of the best ones yet, as there will be over 50 SVOs showing up, along with a few other 2.3L Mustangs…….I think you have met Jon Huber from the St. Louis area. Hey is currently rebuilding his steed, including new paint.

We will be starting things off on Friday with a group dyno session, followed by a show-shine on Saturday, and finishing up with an autoX event on Sunday. You are probably saying to yourself "The events seem somewhat spread out". That is because the rest of the time the late afternoons and evenings are comprised with getting together and sharing stories, lies, and reminiscence of reunions gone by. In addition, we have tech sessions that include but are not limited to tearing someone's car apart in the parking lot to either support a new component install or a repair needed to get the car ready for use again. Or we just have dinner at a local place and allow time for some good ol' American alcohol consumption.

Please feel free to peruse our club's website at www.svoca.com and feel free to look through the FORUM section to see some of the people that make this club the BEST in the country.

Kurt Hepner
SVOCA member #533
NavySVO
------------------------------
He then responded with:

Kurt,

I would love to come to your event this year. I’ve re-arranged my budget to make it work, sounds like too much fun to miss. Will any of you guys be making the All-Ford Nats this year in Carlisle?

Best,

Huw

Looks like we have some coverage folks.....:cheers:

I also told him that there will be an SVOCA group at Carlisle.

And if I screwed up "you know who's" last name, sorry about that bro.......I am work and don't have it with me, it's on the stenopad with your address. I will be sending you the intakes as soon as I get the next set here in a week or so.

Ken Potter
03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Good job Kurt.

Do you think they'll care about my stock SVOs? HAHA

:cheers:

BrianO
03-14-2008, 02:07 PM
I hope he can make it.. he's a good guy. Came out to our event a few years ago. If they are anywhere's in the area they usually make time to go to events they are invited to. Good folks!

TheViking
03-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, great job!

Raven855
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Good job! Kurt!

under pressure
03-14-2008, 04:13 PM
:thumb: I'll buy you a BoilerMaker drink for that!

DAVEZ84SVO
03-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Kurt, way to go that extra mile for something like this.. I'm sure that if they attend, they will enjoy themselfs..

Thanks Dave:cheers:

svobud
03-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Before anyone else extends an invite to anyone in the media - to attend ANY event in the name of the SVOCA - etc, please contact the BOD.

If you are not one of the people planning the Reunion - having people show up you are not expecting, or maybe we change the dates - locations - etc and they dont get word ... how would it make us look in their eyes?

Just saying ... please give us (the Board of Directors) a heads up before you make invitations in the club's name.

1fastII
03-15-2008, 12:56 AM
You should remember Mike Parulski's grey 86 SVO you did a shoot on.

Who?

svobud
03-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Who?

better known as your Prom date .. from your Junior year.

Bouncer88
03-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Man my dad is going to like all this, I had no idea what was involved with the Reunion just by reading that Email made my jaw drop with everything that goes on.

Oh and how much does it cost to get on the dyno?

NavySVO
03-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Prices aren't set yet (I don't believe), but you will get a discount on the whole reunion affair if you become a Member.
By "discount", I mean that membership has it's benifits. You will see once all the details are posted up by the BODs.

It's truely worth the $30 annual dues, and the discounts are offered from our vendors. Put it this way, I saved almost double the dues on my turbo rework from Evergreen.

tbrody
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
This will be my 1st reunion, is there a place or area where most of the members stay??

SVOeric
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
it will all be all anounced in the next couple of weeks.... hotels, events, and such.
We generally follow this schedule
Friday::::: dyno/drag
Saturday: Show n Shine
Sunday::: RACE DAY

Each night we have a 'hospitality room'
If it's nice out, and the popo don't care, we sometimes hang outside.

A lot of us usually get together thursday night for a drink fest.
but that is usually inculded EVERY NIGHT

Check out the previous reunion events pages for info
(YES THERE IS MORE TO THIS SITE THAN A FORUM)
www.svoca.com/events (http://www.svoca.com/events)

NavySVO
09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, I sent another email to Huw as a follow up (sorta a nudge to remind him) to my initial email to him, and he says he is still coming. Hope so, it would be great to have them there.

NavySVO
09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Well, I think we might not be seing Hew this year. I just got the following email:

Hi Kurt,

Hope things are well. You're probably going to hate me for this but it's
looking likely once again, that I might not be able to attend. My travel
budget for the magazine just got slashed once again, ruling out anything
except the SEMA show this year.

However if I can find a way to go on my own I will do my best. Failing that
and considering that I still want to give you lot the attention you deserve
- is there anybody in your gang who might be able to take some pictures and
send me some info regarding the event - number of people attending, the
award winners, plus anything else you'd like to mention. If you can let me
know.

If I don't end up going, the very least I can do is give you guys a plug

Cheers,

Huw

I told him we have lots of people that take fotos and about our Newsletter guy (you know who you are) that could provide a quality narrative.

Gator
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, I think we might not be seing Hew this year. I just got the following email:

Well if you kept spelling my name wrong, i wouldnt come either.

Nota50
09-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Good Eye Gaytur!!

SVOeric
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
dude, his name is spelled GOATER.. get it right man!!

SVOJames
09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Even the webmaster spelled it wrong, his name is Gater - as in someone who is quick out of the gates.

Gator
09-20-2008, 01:38 AM
You all = Morons

Its Goatr. Thats how its spelled.

...and it should only be funny to the Duck and perhaps Bud.

Ken Potter
09-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Its GoatR

So you have an "R" model goat? Does it eat the grass really, really fast and maybe has a wing on it's butt? HAHA :cheers:

NavySVO
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Well if you kept spelling my name wrong, i wouldnt come either.
Actually, I only spelled it wrong in that one post on here. The emails I sent him had it correct.....

svobud
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
...and it should only be funny to the Duck and perhaps Bud.

teh ghey.

indiana dave
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey Gitr... Us old timers know how it's spelt.

Gator
09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
teh ghey.

duck = teh ghey !!!11!1oneone

1fastII
09-23-2008, 10:50 AM
duck = teh ghey !!!11!1oneone

Get off yer high horse! Goose = ghey.