PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

svopantera
03-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Has anyone tried using wheel spacers like these to mount late model wheels?

Scroll down

http://www.classic-mustang.net/wheels/

:D

lonchair
03-30-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm running late model wheels, Waffle 5 Stars off a '96, and I'm not using any spacers. Infact if I were, I think the tires would rub because the wheels are a little wider than stock SVO wheels and have a slightly more negative offset.

svopantera
03-31-2003, 06:52 AM
I was thinking more of the bullit or cobra r style rims.

svobud
03-31-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by svopantera
I was thinking more of the bullit or cobra r style rims.

do a search .. it's been covered. but, in short, spacing the wheels OUT would make things even worse.

svono50
03-31-2003, 10:33 PM
svopantera,

I have to concur with Bud, moving SN-95 wheels any further out on our Fox-3 body style is going in the wrong direction. I can speak from experience with the 96 Cobra wheels with 245/45ZR17 Yoko A520's I am currently running.

If you really want factory Ford wheels you should upgrade the front spindles and brakes to the SN-95 pieces, which will lose the dust cap and cure the wheel center cap clearance issue. One other thing to remember, 96+ spindles add 6mm per side in track width, which means you would need even more backspacing than if you use the 94-95 units. Another benefit this upgrade offers is that you can use the Cobra 13" front disks. For info on what is needed for the swap, check out the archives of the RRAX-Mustang (Road Racing & Auto X) list on Yahoo Groups. A few of the pre-94 folks on the list have performed the upgrade to their cars. Just my $0.02.