PDA

View Full Version : Bad vibration

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 01:17 AM
When ever you start to let off the gas there is a certain point where the car vibrate horribly I believe it's in the driveline somewhere it feels like something is off balance. If you give it more gas the vibration goes away, but if you barely give it just the right amount it starts vibrating horribly, then if your pulling up to a stop light and you press the clutch in it does it too. Like I said it feels like something is off balance. Not sure could somebody please help.

SVOeric
12-29-2013, 01:33 AM
if the vibration seems to happen the most when the drivetrain isn't under load, or under power... sounds like a vibration from the universal joint.

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 01:38 AM
But wouldn't the universal joints cause a vibration all of the time, or is that only when they get more worn out?

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 01:41 AM
I forgot to mention it also makes a knocking noise whenever backing up, sounds like something clunking around really.

SVOeric
12-29-2013, 01:47 AM
u-joints only vibrate when NOT under pressure,
when accelerating, or decelerating... the pressure keeps them from vibrating...
when not under pressure, they will vibrate - HARD.

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Okay so they definitely need replacing then, thanks. I'm just starting to learn all of this really. The 84 Svo is my first car and I'm a high school student about to graduate and I have always love the car scene and wanted to get into modding and fixing them up so why not go with my favorite car a mustang, and I didn't want insurance to be outrageous. Thanks for your input, I now know what I'm doing this sometime this week.

SVOeric
12-29-2013, 01:56 AM
should be pretty simple. let us know if you need help with replacing U-joints (beyond what you can find with a search)
I have a 17 year old son that's a junior in high-school, so I'm pretty familiar with the kind of stuff you might need help with.

He has a 93 mustang 2.3 with a auto trans :D

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 01:58 AM
Alright thanks, I do have to say I love this forum everybody here seems to be so nice and helpful with whatever they can. Thanks again I'll let you know if I need help with anything else.

RFranklin
12-29-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm with Eric on the U-Joint replacement. I had the same exact issue on the 7B I'm restoring. The good news is they're not that expensive. By the way can we see some pictures :D ? We love pictures :D

CodySvo
12-29-2013, 04:52 PM
I will post some when I get home.