PDA

View Full Version : Recovered horn pad interest....

SVOPaul
08-22-2017, 10:42 AM
I may be able to get hornpads recovered. I believe Bob used to do them but haven't seen anything since. Question is, is there a demand among you guys for recovered horn pads(with correct stamping)....I will be able to do steering wheels at the same time if this happens. All this is local to me so I have direct oversight. Just looking for feedback to see if it's worth investing into the tooling needed. I have no idea yet on exact pricing...that really is going to depend on demand. I'd be shooting to do discounted member pricing....Let me know what you guys think....

gbeaird
08-22-2017, 01:22 PM
I'll need to double-check, but I think the original horn pad on our 86 is warped and not looking nice. We also need the wheel re-covered, although I did get a nice used one from this list. I'd like to get the OEM wheel and horn pad redone. Thanks.

svono50
08-22-2017, 10:45 PM
My horn pad is holding out (knocking on wood) and not showing any signs of falling apart any time soon. I still have my original wheel that could use a rewrap, as I never got a chance to turn it in as a core from the deal that was swung many moons ago north of the border. At least that rewrap deal is holding up wonderfully 20 years later, FWIW.

High Roller
08-24-2017, 08:23 AM
My horn pads are in good shape, but I would be interested in getting one of my steering wheels recovered.

JTurbo
08-24-2017, 10:13 PM
My 86 SVO already has the Tweedy recovered wheel and horn pad. So I'm good Paul.

JT

GAboySVO
08-24-2017, 10:45 PM
I could use 1 horn pad and 2 wheels redone.

SVOPaul
08-30-2017, 10:45 AM
While I look into the set up cost to do the horn pads I am going to go ahead and get a couple of wheels done....I have a few cores to start off so I'll post some pics as soon as the first one is done.

jreed
09-25-2017, 07:45 PM
I would be interested in doing a couple of horn pads if your still looking into it.