PDA

View Full Version : TurboCalculator header for SVO??

fripp
07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I would like to know if somebody tried these header on an SVO, and what was the results ? Did you see a big increase in performance ?
I don't know very much these 2.3 liter turbo. This is my first no-V8 Mustang ever.
Also who I can order stainless steel tail pipes for my 86 SVO ?
Thanks
Fripp

richsvo
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
This is the famed "SS Autochrome" header, also known as the "Stinger" header over @ turboford.org. They would have a lot more experience with this piece. I have heard good things, but if you want a high quality piece you can't go wrong with Rod's header. Stand up guy and does quality work.
Do a search for header and you'll find a ton of info. You could add to that by doing a search over on turboford.
HTH,
Rich

SVOBart
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
The Stinger header is a center-mount piece too, which means you'd have to custom fabricate a downpipe along with the oil and water supply and return lines. Bob's log header seems to be a popular choice as well for those on a budget.

fripp
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your help.
I want header not to difficult to install.
Also I have to go to a technical inspection, because the car was not on the road for 5 years.
That mean I have to use the standard catalytic converter, mufflers and tail pipes.
What do you think is the best choice ?

SVOBart
07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Get something that has an EGR bung in it then. Both Rod's and Bob's headers have provisions for EGR provided you order them that way. Not too sure about the Stinger header.