Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SVO's: '86 2R
    I'm sure our spare is original, too. I might need to do this, too. Man, that tire machine. I could probably really use that, given how many slicks we burn through a year autocrossing!! Although, after seeing the guys at the tire shop team up to beat our slicks into submission, I'm still partially-convinced that it's still better to stand back and watch the pros do it.

Anyone know where to get a replacement hold down nut? The metal has broken out of the plastic on ours.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    I'm sure our spare is original, too. I might need to do this, too. Man, that tire machine. I could probably really use that, given how many slicks we burn through a year autocrossing!! Although, after seeing the guys at the tire shop team up to beat our slicks into submission, I'm still partially-convinced that it's still better to stand back and watch the pros do it.

Anyone know where to get a replacement hold down nut? The metal has broken out of the plastic on ours.
    I am sure the beads on your slicks are a few steps above in stiffness over a normal street tire, hence the effort required to get them on/off the rims. I agree, having tools is nice, but sometimes the task is just best left to the guys who do it day in and day out.

That nut seems like a good potential candidate to be in the HELP section of your local auto parts store. I know my local PepBoys now has a whole rack system full of wheel studs and hub related items. I haven't looked to see if they have that wing nut, but worth a look around your next trip. Let us know where you find it, when you do.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    I'll look next time I'm in the parts house. I haven't seen them listed on Ford-specific sites, so that's why I was asking. I figured if they don't show it, it's a rare piece.

Stiff sidewalls, wide tires and hand-made wheels all conspire against you. I have some wheels that it's an effort just to get the tires past the barrel, and that's after you wrestle it on the rim. So yeah, I'll frequently show up with a couple of 12-packs and still tip the guys. :-)

Worth every penny, IMHO.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 84 1C, 84 GT turbo
    is that custom hatch carpet I see???
    My wife says it's a sickness...what do you think?

SVO's: 1986 7B
    Yes it is if you check my project thread you can see the interior is complete with a rear seat delete kit.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B

SVO's: 86 1C
    Just a quick update, been away for a while with too many other things. Got my Kumho from my local Discount Tire for $81 mounted, not bad at all. They threw in the mounting for free since I was buying a full set of 'normal' tires. They stated the bead on the original unit did crack apart in several places when they removed it, so it likely wouldn't have held up too well on the road. Now I have a good piece of mind if needed in the future...good investment in my book for sure!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spare - Kumho_01.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	44344 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spare - Kumho_02.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	44345 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spare - Kumho_03.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	44346
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4