Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SVOCA Board of Directors

ARE YOU PARTING A SVO? Read this warning.

This club was founded by 5 individuals who wanted a community for the Mustang SVO Owner/Enthusiast that had integrity. Our primary mission statement says "we are dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of the Mustang SVO". It's on the very first page you see when you enter the www.svoca.com website.

What part of THAT do you not understand?

This club and this club's website will NOT be a tool for vultures and profiteers to exploit. If you think you are doing the SVO Community a service by PARTING OUT a running, driving, restorable SVOs - that is a bunch of BS! For every SVO parted, that's one less possible car to be enjoyed by a future owner. For every SVO parted, that's one less customer for the legitimate business owners who are investing time/capital in getting us reproduction parts manufactured.

We are not here to conduct witch-hunts. None of the Directors have the personal time to investigate what we believe is someone parting a perfectly good SVO for profit. BUT, and read this carefully all you car parting bastards: If we catch you on this website - using it for your personal gain by parting a SVO that is running, driving, or restorable - YOUR NAME will be posted on this wall of shame, you will be banned from this club and use of it's website, and we will ask every member, svo owner, and enthusiast we know to treat you like you have been infected with the plague.

Current WALL OF SHAME

http://www.svoca.com/busted/
    Board of Directors,
    SVO Club of America

AND I SECOND THAT!

SWEET! YOU TELL EM!
    If you feel like your driving under control then your not driving fast enough!

Mr. LaKose: You need You are a scumbag! That car that I just saw pictures of in the link above has better parts than the car I DRIVE!!!! I don't even HAVE SPATS! I will not buy any till the repro are available just to be sure that I am not helping a scab like yourself make a few $$
    (excuse the rant admin types,sorry)

Svo4real
    that svo looks fine, dont part it! you need Mr.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Don't worry Black86, this is the place for ranting...
    Ranting is perfectly acceptable, as long as it is done gentleman-like!

Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Thanks Eric (that was my "family" version ) You shoulda heard me when I was calling my wife to take a look at those pictures!

14 PSI Boost

Angry

i can't believe this prick is sending e-mail to people that want to kick his ***!!!! here the one i got and the responce i sent. what a ****stick!!!

Hi you bought my passenger sided engine mount off me a wile back on
    e-bay and you asked me if I had the driver side mount. and I do have
    the mount now if you are still interested.

Thanks
    Kane LaKose
    e-bay name 2muchfunck

I would love to buy this part from you, but i won't! After seeing the silver svo you are parting out, why the hell am i going to support a person who is ****ing up our hobby and these cars? I guess it's hard to make good money on svo's, without parting them out. Well, after buying another svo, atleast it's another one that won't be parted out by your greedy fingers. Also, the last part i bought, i didn't get a responce on the part i needed until i got the mount. Great service?

...hope the car falls on your ***,...

motormenace

...so you have a V8......isn't that cute....

I would just like a little more info on Tim Smith. When I first got my SVO and was new to this stuff, I bought some parts from him. In some our initial conversations, he said that the cars he parts out are rusted or wrecked beyond reserection. Later I learned peoples opinion of him and have shyed away from buying from him.

Just wondering if you can present some proof.

Later,
    Lon

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Proof of Tim Smith being scumbag? That's like proving Bin Laden is the leader of a Terrorist Org. Ya just know..it's been so long since anyone questioned it...Hmm.....let's see. Seeing how that piece of crap has stayed clear of this club since we formed it in 1998, I (me personally) really don't have any current proof of where he gets his parts. I just know what his integrity is like.

Guess you call David Bird and ask him....

I do know of serveral people (including one of the BoD Directors) that had problems with him and the parts he sold. Maybe one of them can shed some light on that waste of breath.

To me, he's the original "I part SVOs for a living" guy I ever encountered. Thus, why he was put at the top of the list.

Funniest thing ever was when Tim complained about Steve Castro ripping him off. That was on the old DCompton mailing list. That was ssoooo funny!

Just wonder'n since I saw all the stuff about Steve Castro over at Turboford, but all I had ever heard previously about Tim Smith was never first hand knowledge.

OVER-BOOST!!
    SVO's: 84 SVO, 24K miles
    What's the deal with Steve Castro? He is local to me and seems to always have stuff for sale. Some cheap and some not. I feel less likely to get ripped off dealing with him in person.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Steve Castro has parted more running and driving SVO's than any one person I can think of.   He was (and probably still is) buying any SVO he could pick up for less thank $3K, and parting them out.  --

He parted out a silver 86 abour a year ago, that was a VERY nice CA, no rust car. 

BTW:: You are probably very lucky that he is local to you.  I know several people that paid for parts, and never got a thing.  His feedback on ebay is private, why would anyone do that, unless they are in the habbit of ripping people off ??????

His excuse for the many number of people that that he pissed off was --I'm having shipping problems....
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Let's see here....I have first hand knowledge on both people. First we'll start with Steve Castro....My beef with Steve is strictly over his outlook on the SVO world....I have delt with him and he is a nice guy....parts shipment can be delayed(sometimes greatly delayed) but he never ripped me off. My problem with him is what he told me in person on the phone...and that is that he actively looks to buy SVOs in the $2500-$3500 price range to PART OUT! I explained to him that each SVO he parted out was one less customer and that he was only killing his own market. He replied that he "felt" he had to keep parts on the shelf and that sometimes he just barely broke even on the cars....to that I responded that " if you are just breaking even, WHY bother to part them out....makes no common sense" He ended it with "well, we just disagree on that". In today's market a car in that price range is a pretty darn nice car!

Tim Smith:....Where do we start! This guy goes around badmouthing everyone and every product out there that might take a sale away from him...even if he has never seen the product and even if he doesn't know the person! Tim for years has been parting out good cars....good RUNNING cars. I have spoken with people in his area(both when he lived in PA and now in MA) that have witnessed him parting out good running cars and also covering up/masking bad/broken parts and listing them for sale. There have also been some questionable coincidental thefts at a shop where he paid a guy to part out a couple of SVOs...funny that only the Ford radios were missing from all the cars outside and there had been no prior problems in over 10 years...not to mention he was caught going through some of those cars prior to this....no proof that I heard of but makes you think and made the shop owner think enough to tell him never to come back around. I even have records of a VIN number from an '86 SVO Comp prep that Tim personally told me he saved off the car so that he could sell it to someone who wanted to "fake" a comp prep SVO! This was told to me at the time when we were on good speaking terms(this was the beginning of the end of my talking to him and that was the reason!). Tim can also be a nice guy to "talk to" but his reputation is the worst in the world on this topic and the fact that he planned to sell VIN numbers really shows what kind of individual he is!

As far as Kane...the latest butcher? I don't know him but would love to personally drop that car on his head!!

4 PSI Boost

Replay of the Past

Hi Everyone,
    Well, I looked over these comments about folks parting out good SVO's and it seems I have seen this before with another fine Ford product, the Boss 302. There was a time when a Boss 302 was worth more in parts than being complete. I recall the turmoil and this seems like a replay of the past.
    The unfortunate fact about SVO's right now is that they are worth more in parts than they are as a whole. Right or wrong, that just seems to be the case.
    Maybe it is a cycle that a low production specialty car needs to go through in order to increase in value. Seems folks that do not have the specialty car try to emulate them by attaching parts (from a Boss or an SVO) so that their car has a piece of history attached to it.
    Eventually, just like the Boss 302, the SVO will be worth more as a whole than in parts. It may take quite a while. Then, SVO's previously thought as being beyond restorable, will be reconsidered for restoration.
    Just my 2 pennies.
    Jim

GT350R
    Well if there was any question left from the areas not shown in the pictures , they can be put to rest now. He has the shell up on ebay and it shows the rest of the car.

Out of respect for eric and the board, I will restrain myself from even saying anything further than that,