the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2

A Friendly Reminder About Getting VINs

I just wanted to make a friendly reminder that we all need to be actively collecting VINs. I have found several that were mentioned here as being on E-Bay and nobody has entered them into the database. This is not for those who enter but for others who may forget. Once they're gone the history is lost forever. So if you hear of an SVO either on that E-Bay or elsewhere PLEASE at least get the VIN. Thanks! PS If you haven't entered your VIN please do it now.

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Let's give this a

PLEASE GET THOSE VINS AND ENTER THEM TODAY!!!

SVO's: 86CP 1C
    I have a VIN from an 84' I saw for sale in Isabella Lake, Ca. when I was on vacation last week. I'll make an entry after I find the paper I put it on.
    Is there a place I should post the for sale info? It's at used car dealer.
    86 CP 1C, 01' S4 Twin Turbo DD. Love turbo cars!

You can post the name / dealer and contact info in the for sale section as an FYI add. If you have any pics that would be a good thing also.

SVO's: 869L, 861C
    I added a 0ne owner 85.5 today, 1C with leather, 7,600 miles
    for sale too! first time entry..
    86 9L Comp Prep, 86 1C street machine

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Quote Originally Posted by jacaraco View Post
    I have a VIN from an 84' I saw for sale in Isabella Lake, Ca. when I was on vacation last week. I'll make an entry after I find the paper I put it on.
    Is there a place I should post the for sale info? It's at used car dealer.
    If the car isn't yours, post the info in the lounge.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Since it has been awhile there are some things I should add to this topic:

Please remember that VINs can be entered with the owners name and town being anonymous. If somebody has a relative, friend, co-worker, or acquaintance that has a SVO and they are concerned about releasing their VIN tell them their name and location is NOT needed.

By using something like "unknown" in the owner field and "anytown, USA" for the location the VIN can be entered and will remain untraceable. The most important info required is if it is "Running", "Not Running", or "Deceased". This is why it is the second block / entry field and is immediately after the VIN entry.

If it is a SVO project car please use the "Not Running" option. That way it can be returned to "Running" without creating confusion in the SVOs history / timeline. Any other info is great to have to trace the condition for future owners.

Also as the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. Pictures from EBay or other sales / auction sites are usually the correct size and can be right clicked "saved" and transferred easily to the registry by using the "Browse" function.

I also want to take this opportunity to say Thanks to everyone who has helped build the registry and who have made this a priority for the history and preservation of the SVO.

4 PSI Boost
    There is an 84 SVO in my area for sale. I've been looking at it and the guy wont answer my second email. I will see if I can get VIN for the registry.

I have a 70 Dodge Coronet R/T registry and I know how important it is to keep track of rare cars.