Thread: Cleaning SVO Rims

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

Cleaning SVO Rims

I tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser DUO in the slots of my SVO Rims... worked really well....just wet the Magic Eraser with water like a spunge.... it says that when the white part of the Magic eraser is gone then its done for and get a new one.......... of course I rinsed the wheels off with garden hose after using the Magic Eraser and then wiped them with a white rag.

I believe I baught a 4 pack for less than $5.00. one lasted through cleaning all 4 wheels. also cleaned many of the black plastic pieces in the engine compartment. made the plastic look new.

just thought that I would share the love......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails duo_product.jpg  
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try! Their "Auto Dry" System works pretty good too, I was surprised that the filtered water actually DOES do a decent job in drying the car (as long as it's not in direct sunlight)!

Later,

Greg
    The Gearhead Stable: MUSTANGS! 1996 "Mystic" Cobra, 2001 "Foush" (Mustang GT Convertible with FULL Roush Stage 2 Conversion, brake upgrades, and Procharger PS-1C Setup!), 2005 Mustang GT, 1986 SVO 2R (FOR SALE!), and 2003 Focus (commuter/beater).

SVO's: 85 2R
    I just polished my wheels and opted to paint the slots after a thorough cleaning wouldn't remove the brake dust stains. i'll try this next time.

Just a bit of BOOST
    Use proper microfiber towels for cleaning and drying purposes. Its the right towels for cleaning !!

SVO's: 86 1E
    Do not put Purple Power on them and let it sit. It etched the plastic coating on mine permanently.
    Bruce