Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reunion thanks

16 PSI Boost

reunion thanks

Guys> As a relatively new member, I would like to tell all of you that attended the reunion that I felt really welcome into the ranks and enjoyed meeting all of the people that post on our board. Some look much different than I expected, but every one there made me feel like one of the guys.
    I was particularily impressed with the job that our directors did in putting this together and how smoothly it went. It was obvious that Ty, Bud, Gary, and Paul as well as others put a tremendous amount of time in this event. I personally think that everyone that attended owes each of these guys a big ole thank you. I am one guy that truly appreciated what you did for the gruop. Thanks guys, Ralph

SVO's: The Patriot!
    Thanks to the Directors. Their hard work and dedication to the preservation of a great automobile is a benefit to so many.

The reunion was a great success and those that attended had a great time.
    A man stands tallest when he stoops to help a child.

Had a great time and best of all I got to meet Gator!
    Directors did a great job to bring everyone together.
    Deep fryed Bird was great!
    Thanks to all.
    Last edited by svobrown; 10-29-2002 at 09:46 PM.
    Time to clean up the engine bay!

SVO's: alwaysunderconstruct
    yes, thank you thank you thank you directors.

It was great fun, and an excellent learning experience.

I made a ton of new buds to talk jargon w/ on these impressive cars!

My wife had a great time too, which is important (as we all know), the other ladies there made a great atmosphere for her, and my boy had fun w/ the other little guys.

-I'll plan to be there next year!

OH YEAH! I WON A TURBO!!! YEAH BABY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT ONE!
    Last edited by 140cilx; 10-28-2002 at 02:33 PM.
    -James Price- '84 SVO 9W leather, SVO #124

SVO's: '85 1C

STL Crew home recovering...

...after the rainy 580 mile trip home. Work sucks today. UGH.

Road racing clearly rules. I think we are all hooked. Thanks to Bud for the ride-along in the rain at 90+. Good times.

Thanks to the board as always for putting on a great weekend. We all had a blast and really appreciate it. It was great to catch up with everyone.

And special thanks to Paul Becker, who donated a special-spec SVPU Stage 4 clutch to me after I grenaded mine at the dragstrip on Friday night (who thought that power-shifting 1-2 @5500 RPM on an Auto Zone clutch would break the car????) as well as letting us use the shop to swap it on Sat night. Check out Paul with the "blue wrench" in the pic below. Thanks too to Ryan and Ty who offered assistance at the track on Friday.

And of course, thanks to Jon, Andy, Papa Jon, Steve, and Lisa who not only helped me thrash on the car to get it done to drive it to the reunion, but also played pit crew for the clutch-replacement on Saturday. I clearly could not have gotten it done without them.

In any case, a great time was had by all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010024.jpg  
    John Basler
    '85 1C
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B

It was great

I feel like I've just won an acadamy award or a winston cup race or something trying to thank everyone without overlooking anybody.
    Thanks to the board of directors of the SVOCA for all the hard work and long hours that went into bringing the reunion about.
    Thanks to the vendors who donated door prizes. (I only won a SVOCA t-shirt, but you can never have too many of them)
    Thanks to everybody who voted for my car on Saturday. (Enough of you thought it looked good enough to get me a second place plaque that I am VERY proud of)
    Thanks to everyone that helped push my car back to the pits when it broke on only the second lap of the open track event. (That was kind of embarassing)
    Thanks to everyone who helped get it running again. (When I got out of the car, I couldn't even get close enough to see the engine. All I could see were a$$holes and elbowes sticking out from under the hood.)
    A special thanks to Ryan and TY for the help and parts to get me back out on the track, even if for only another couple of laps.
    Thanks to the guys running in group 5 for not running over me when my car just wouldn't come up to full throttle. ( That was even more embarassing, but there will be other times)
    I've tried not to overlook anyone, but I probebly have, so THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
    We had a great weekend. I just wish it could have lasted longer.
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B
    BTW: Did anybody ever find that "beater" that was supposed to be there? I looked everywhere and never could find it.
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

SVO's: alwaysunderconstruct
    Originally posted by High Roller
    BTW: Did anybody ever find that "beater" that was supposed to be there? I looked everywhere and never could find it.
    lol! thanks much! As explained to me, there is no such thing as a SVO beater.
    -James Price- '84 SVO 9W leather, SVO #124

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    I just noticed Johnbasler's avatar. HA! Classic!!

Thanks everyone for coming and enjoying another event. That's why we put them on each year!!.... we do it so everyone who's a SVO owner or Enthusiast can have a time/place to gather and share a fun weekend.

See ya'll next year (time/date will be as soon as we get the planning worked out).

SVO's: 86 1E -340WHP@12psi

Thanks

I want to thank you guys even tho I didn't make it. I really wanted to spun(SP?) out like Bud. Bud, next year can we have the reunion in California!?! I know of a really cool track out here!

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    .....well dont really know where to start to be honest, I suppose to sum it all up I could say that all the jazz I hear about "Southern hospttality" is true.

Special thanks to Paul at SVPU for letting me stay with him and the Mrs. for a few days...( i promise the cat will heal just fine, just wish I could say the same about the spotlight. )

Ry and Ty, thanks for putting me in my place at the strip, notheing like adding insult to injury. Gotta love that Lisa....

To the Huber boys for the T-shirt....damn its so cool, soooo cool.

And if I could have handed out an award for the coolest M-F'er on the face of this planet ( besides Papa Jon ) , it would go to Reed at Turbo-Specialties. For all those who dont know, Reed let me borrow his shop on Sat night for a couple quick riggin's on the ol' Smoke Dawg. Simply a great guy.

Lastly, thanks to everyone that voted for the ol' gal, and a special thanks to the SVOCA for the "special award."

I wasnt kidding when I said that I had a special place for it in the trophy cabinet.......( bottom center )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-050s.jpg  
    Last edited by Gator; 10-29-2002 at 10:34 AM.

JB !!! HOLY HELL IS THAT AVATAR FUNNY !!!

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    John -- you got the pic of Paul actually working (a very RARE photo indeed ) :p

But I believe this pic is better...
    It gives you a feel for how much Paul likes fire

This one has been certified CLASSIC by the SVOCA board of directors..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails paul.jpg  
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

LOL, thats pretty good Eric, but here is proof how much me and Andy like John's head....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-026s.jpg  

SVO's: '85 1C
    It is that damned West Nile disease swelling my melon again.

I really need to spray for mosquitos next year....

Thanks, Gator, for the extreme-close-up. That rules.
    John Basler
    '85 1C
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.