Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reunion thanks

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    Originally posted by johnbasler
    I really need to spray for mosquitos next year....

Thanks, Gator, for the extreme-close-up. That rules.
    Whatchu mean !?!? You cant get a better mosquito fogger than the motor I was running !!

Quote from Gator about Bas' Fat Melon: "I just wanna grab it, and shake the hell out of it!"

Was it me or did Basler look like Jack from Jack in the Box commercials with his helmet on?
    Im the bald guy that has the 400 hp supercharged SVO tow vehicle!!!!!

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    the way that post was worded, I was almost afraid to open the attachment...

I'm sure gator killed many "skiters" this weekend
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: alwaysunderconstruct
    my boy passed out when he walked behind Gators car at the dragstrip...
    -James Price- '84 SVO 9W leather, SVO #124

SVO's: '85 1C
    OK, Andy and Gator. Check out the new and improved avatar now...Gator, I figured you would be more sympathetic to a clown.

I might need to look for an SVO with a sunroof for next year so I can get the clown hat to fit on top of my XXL THH helmet.
    John Basler
    '85 1C
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

SVO's: 84 1E
    Guys I don't know where to start. This was the most fun that I have had in a whole week, not just the weekend.

I got to watch Gator's metamorphosis from city boy to country redneck

Gotta give him and John Basler the biggest kudo's for putting their cars together just to make the Reunion and not be scared to run them at the track events.

It was fun to watch Ralph Kingrey nervously eye the participants at the SVPU cookout and wonder which one was "that Gator fellow".

The dragstrip event cost $10 to get in, I think that Roger Kleiber, Mark Hatfield, Rich Mora and Paul Becker ran enough times to average out about .22 cents a pass.

It was fun flogging a 10,500 mile SVO at the strip, thanks Earl.

I was impressed with the cars that were at the show, Kendall Coker bringing 2 comp preps with him was great. I wish that we could have gotten Mark McKendrees jump out of his chair when he won the tires on film. I don't think that we can ever see him move that fast again.

I kind of felt sorry for Mark Hatfield taking all of the heat for his Miatia adventures, evidently Rich Alvino did too, man where did you get that umbrella? Little did I know that the heat was going to be on me the next day.

The TGPRX event was great, the smiles on the first timers faces was worth every minute of planning.

James Price, all of the St. Louis crew, and Earl Donegan were just walking around with these funny looking grins. Gator flogging on "smoke dog" the night before and running the next day was cool. Who says a clown cant drive?

Next year we have to have the "Bud Morton Award" for the best technical discription of a spin........

I cant wait to it all again! I miss everybody already....

92copcar

reunion

Definitely was fun. Although the weather wasn't the best, it held out for longer than many thought. I attended last year but didn't know many folks. Glad to have met many of you this time. You guys are what make this club the best I've ever been in. Congrats to Eric on the directors spot too!

Oh yea, one more thing: Gator, did you put the dipstick back?

SVO's: 86 1C

recap

Once again, a Reunion that was better than the last! When you get this many SVO's together everyone is bound to have fun, whether it is on the show field, on track or just in the hospitality suite. I have come to nickname the event the Reunion Sleep Deprivation Project, since I never seem to get much of it during the weekend. Of course I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Kudo's to everyone for the whole weekend; Paul for the cookout @ SVPU central, SVOCA Directors for the show and track events, Ty for riding along and showing me the line on the track, everyone who voted for me at the show-n-shine and everyone else who came out!! I am ready to mark my calendar for next year, hopefully by then I will be caught back up on some sleep.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Why do I have the urge to change johnbasler's screen name to Swellin-Mellon

Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster