the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2

Here I sit being bummed out...

Well here I sit at my kitchen table wishing I were in Alabama. I just had a call from Pat and Gator who are there watching SVOs on the track. The reception was kinda bad so we didn't talk long. If I even get to go it looks like Saturday will be my best bet. I did get my refund check yesterday from the MCA for the entry fees on the 2R, 7B, & the 4E as well as the banquet. Most of my friends from my local MCA left for the track at 5:30AM. I had heard the History Channel is there filming an episode. I don't know for sure but I also would expect maybe My Classic Car to be there as well. I guess I'm just rambling...

Boosted
    Ken,

CHEER UP!!

You are just miles away my friend! I am 16 days away at best. Besides, if Dennis Cage were ever near enough to me, I would be too tempted to clip off one of his mustache curls!!

Get there Saturday, enjoy the commoraderie, and have a beer for me!!

SVO's: A red one.
    I'm stuck here too so dont feel bad.
    '79 Indy pace car V8 4sp; '79 Indy pace car 4cyl turbo 36k miles; '82 GT T-top; '85 ascMcLaren coupe; '85 SVO 1C; '86 SVO 1C; '86 SVO 2R; '88 Turbocoupe; 90 GT vert; '92 GT

SVO's: 86 1c
    ken,
    i wish i was there as well,but hey maybe next year............paul
    The #7160 SVO

Well I hope their weather is better than mine right now. It's been pouring down since about 5 minutes after I posted this thread. I guess I'll flip on the weather channel. EDIT : Hey Greg, post up some more pics of that McLaren you just got. That'll cheer me up. I have a friend here that is into those and has had 3 or 4 just like yours. His last one had only 12,000 miles and was all original. He loaned it to me to help me rebuild the emissions on my 85 GT vert since they have basically the same engine.
    Last edited by Ken Potter; 08-31-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Just plain bored I guess

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    well ken hope to see you on Saturday
    I just logged on to the hotels web and am posting from my room in SVO central
    Rob

85 4e

SVO's: A red one.
    Sorry Ken, thats all the pics of the McLaren I got right now. I'm slowly cleaning it up and hunting down some electrical gremlins and fixing the vacuum lines. The car seems to run pretty good. I'll get some more pics up soon.

This car was the first car that I ever actually fell in love with. There was another one that was sold new here local and I remember some kid ending up with it when I was in school. He drove it through all the winters here and a friend of mine ended up buying it like 10 years ago and it has sat in a warehouse with a bunch of his other cars ever since. It is very rusty underneath and would be a tough restoration. Mine on the other hand is completely solid and straight. I always swore that if a blue '85 McLaren ever popped up for sale and I had the money to buy it then I would.
    '79 Indy pace car V8 4sp; '79 Indy pace car 4cyl turbo 36k miles; '82 GT T-top; '85 ascMcLaren coupe; '85 SVO 1C; '86 SVO 1C; '86 SVO 2R; '88 Turbocoupe; 90 GT vert; '92 GT

SVO's: 1985-1/2 9L
    I hear ya Ken
    Looks like its gonna be a perfect weekend down there, and rain all weekend up here.
    I'm gonna put my intake "cover" on the 05 GT this weekend. I'll snap a pic or two. Detailed under the hood of that thing and it looks better than new.
    Still thinking about wheter or not to gate a CAI setup for that. I'd have to run 93 oct from now on for 15-20 mor HP.
    Here is a pic. Notice the strut brace I got from SVO Paul.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clean.jpg  
    Chris Weber
    1985-1/2 9L, #6209, original owner

If I go I'll just take the truck. I'll try to make a quick pass through the vendors and parts swap area. Never know what I might find. Still looking for those NOS negative battery cables for both the 7B and the 4E. If any of you guys over there are reading this and find some NOS cables I'll pay a finders fee. Maybe I'll bring my mint / NOS 64.5 backup light lenses? Cha-Ching! They're light and don't take up much room... HAHA

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Here from SVO Central: The weather was great today at the track. It stopped raining just after I crossed over into Alabama. Things are just starting to get rolling here. People are coming in from all around. By the time me and Gator made it back to the Hotel, there was a crowd of SVOsters "meeting" with a State Trooper in the WalMart parkinglot across the street - he was just wanting to check out the cars.

About to turn in for the night. About 30 of us just finished wrapping up the "hang out the parking lot - telling stories" session. Hopefully someone will post a few pics tomorrow from the dyno. My laptop doesn't have a port for the memory card from my digital camera.

Ken - wish you could be here. There's a bunch of cool stuff happening!

SVO's: 84 1C
    So what are those of us that are working missing out on?

Come on spill the beanie weenies!
    84 1C FrankenSVO
    06Mazdaspeed 6 yep it's a 2.3T

Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by svobud View Post
    Hopefully someone will post a few pics tomorrow from the dyno. My laptop doesn't have a port for the memory card from my digital camera.
    Hit WalMart or BestBuy. For around $20.00 you can buy a card reader with a USB port cable.

LOAD 'EM UP!!

SVO's: 85 2R
    Yea wish i could make it, but my work schedule doesn't seem to want to work out with my fun schedule. Post up some pics. I'm curious also.