SVO's: 86 1C

Thumbs up Made it home from the Reunion...

Well, all in all it was an uneventful 781 mile/11.5 hour trip home today. I had one ignition cutout episode about 35 miles from home and a couple of rain showers, but never had to cut back for anything. I was surprised how few cops I saw on the expressways. Heck, I have already had dinner, unloaded the car and removed the tape!

I hope everyone else made it home safe. So goes another SVO Reunion...
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Made it home safely too Ted. I saw MANY cops tho. Car ran like a top! little sluggish starting after my pitstops, but hopefully Pats' Products will be the cure! Averaged about 24 MPG and ran between 75 - 85 65% of the drive.
    Fry the computer Guy

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    Always good to see ya man !! Thanks for the usage of the bike !

SVO's: 84 RESTO-MOD f/s
    Joeturbo, Gina and i made it home also...nothing major happen But i lost a pin that held in the ramp. So we tied it down and it held for the ride.

Left the hotel at 6am est and got in the door at 10:30pm and we stopped for some food and a pitstop here and there.

-RICH-
    < - - - Brothers From Different Mothers

SVO's: 1986 1E
    I took the 59-24-75-40 route back to NC. MUCH nicer drive than the 85-20 route I took down to Alabama.
    86 SVO, 69 AMX, 91 SHO, 91 Bronco

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    I made it back as well
    un-eventfull trip --
    I took about the same route as ducky there, 59 - 24 - 75 (just no 40)

I don't think I saw any officers in AL, GA, or TN, but KY was LOADED with them.
    I made one stop -- Jellico TN, for gas, and was nearly molested by a guy looking over my car, and wanted to know all about it.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Me, FLhotrod, and Mustang Matt teamed up for the trip to Atlanta then we peeled off and MustangMatt was heading to JAX, FL. No problems here.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

Camped out in Jacksonville for the night- 5 hours of it at least) and made my daughters soccer game in Cocoa Beach by 8am the next morning. Tired but really satisfied with the fact that the car made it with no problems. FLhotrod had me concerned for a minute on that stop by the side of the road but I guess he just dropped a CD or something. Great to finally meet all of you and get to hang out. See you next year for sure.

SVO's: 85 Ford Red
    I needed to get my money's worth out of that 100 octane gas. Christine cruised at 3800 rpms and delivered 19.75mpg. I got 24 mpg on the way over.

SVO's: 1984 9W, #3537-SOLD
    I got home in one piece also.. 810 miles in 13.5 hours.. Not too many cops, but saw a Blazer get pulled over in IN.. That was cool.. Got 14 mpg on the way down, & 12 to 13 mpg on the return trip.. What a great time!!

Dave
    84 SVO 9W #3537 6th fastest @ '09 autocross

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Always good to see ya man !! Thanks for the usage of the bike !
    Pat was using every form of transportation on the grounds! I am glad I tossed in the back of my car before heading down, it made snapping pictures around the entire show field a 15 minute event
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PatInLA_pedal power.jpg  
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86 1C, 85 1E
    Well we didn't fair so well on the way home. Pop's truck blew a right rear tire on I285 around the airport and mangled the bed. Luckily nothing hit his car or mine, I was following in the Cobra. We managed to get it changed and got home O.K. And yes the one arm pit beotch can change F350 tires as well as sticky tires. Later, Chris H
    86 1c, turbo4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    You'll have to add a "cup holder" for the next reunion.
    And an ash tray!
    Fry the computer Guy

SVO's: Several
    When I moved the rent-a-car closer and unloaded the bike, I walked it across the perimiter road. The gate guard said that if he saw me riding the bike on the perimiter road that I'd be ejected from the premisis. Ho Hum, I guess that he has no life at all.

I found some neat old planes on display at the end of the runway at the Birmingham airport while piddling time away before my flight out. They had an SR-71 in the line among others. They're on the Aviation Museum side of the airport.

3PM Tuesday at the Birmingham Airport TSA, my carry on luggage got another note of interest from the lady watching the monitor. She must have helped dad and brothers with their cars.

Me: I have auto parts in there.
    TSA Lady: Disc Brakes!
    Me: Yup.
    TSA Lady: Kewl. Y'awl come back!
    (The luggage was never opened. I guess I didn't fit their profile.)

Landed in Phoenix at about 6:30PM Tuesday. In between flights I got a Cuervo Double Margarita in one of the bars that allowed smoking. Got to LAX and grabbed the shuttle to Van Nuys, where Bonnie was waiting to pick me up. She really wants to make next year's Reunion to see everyone again.

I picked up my 86 BWD from being stored at Brad's (my buddy with the Shelbys) place this morning to take it home. Brad exercised it for me while I was gone. He really likes that car. I told him about all the Cobra spankings that went on at the track. He was not surprised.