Thread: Member Numbers

Member Numbers

Is there any way that our member numbers can be automatically displayed in this forum so everyone will know who is a club member an who isn't. I know we can include it in our signature, but I think it would be good to have it included in the status section. This way we know who are members who are just using the forum for other reasons. When I read a post from someone like dcompton who says a car will WILL be parted out if it's not sold by Dec. 1, it disgusts me. This person can't be a member because anyone who is would never murder a good, running car for profit.

I know I'm long winded, but that's my 2 cent's worth.
    Don Cotham
    86 1C

Mid-Tenn Ford Truck Sales

I totally agree with everything DON86SVO said.

Can it be done?

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    we're working on getting something together. we'll be sure to make an announcement we're finished.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    OK, Most of your idea (and then some) has been setup.

I can't (yet) have your member number show up, but if you are a member, it now says MEMBER!!! above your avatar.

Also notice at the bottom of the OFF-TOPIC section, there is now a topic called SVOCA Members Only Area...

To be added ( and recognized as a member) I need everyone that is a member to send a email to svoca@svoca.com, with their screen name, and membership number.

I know this area apears empty, but you will not be able to see the posts inside, unless you are setup as a member.

Gator has been the first one added to this group, so you can look at any post he has made to see that it shows MEMBER above his avatar.

Let me know what you guys think!
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

I have been enjoying this club site for some time now and have been putting off becoming a due paying member from the beganing,mostly because I just haven't taken the time to fill out the registration form,print it down,do a check or moneyorder,go to the mail box and send it in,then sit and wait for you to recieve it and post my membership,or what ever.Not complaing about the system,just admitting my own lazyness.
    It would be good if I could fill out the form on line,email it to you,then do payment through paypal.Is that possible?Or could you make it an option?
    Don
    I probably am not the only procrastinator who would be pryied off his butt with an option such as this.
    Last edited by cobra0478; 11-28-2002 at 11:38 AM.

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Originally posted by cobra0478

It would be good if I could fill out the form on line,email it to you,then do payment through paypal.Is that possible?Or could you make it an option?
    Don
    The BoD has discussed this subject in the past and it's not going to be an option. The system we have in place now - works. And, as noted - more than likely, the only reason it wouldn't work would be due to laziness of the part of someone wanting to become a member.

Well, then I guess I will have to get off my butt.LOL