Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    not sure which wheel you're talking about. need a bit more info before I can make any estimates
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangdanimal View Post
    What would it take to mount the 2005, V6, Eleanor style wheel on the SVO? I imagine the front hub is the issue. Grease bearing cover sticking out too far? What about hub size? Any issues at all with the rear?
    The 2005 V6 wheels will fit without issues save the one you mentioned about the dust cap.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: '84 9W
    I had '03-04 Mach 1 wheels on for sometime. 245/45/17 tires. Quarter lips had to be rolled to clear on hard bumps. The front rotors needed shaved to clear the inside of the wheel. Everyone liked the looks but I went back to original look.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    yeah, the 03-04 mach wheels are a bit different offset, they stick out a bit more than I like... I have the 05 Mach wheels on mine, 245/45's with B springs, and they aren't near touching. Tuck in very nicely.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Most Fox-4/SN95 wheels will have too little offset for our cars, as noted above. The stock front rotors/spindles usually run into clearance issues with center caps, but can be remedied with some creative work. I ran the 96 Cobra wheels, which had a 30mm offset and stuck out just ever so much too far. I rolled my rear fender lips to avoid sharp edged contact on larger bumps as well with that setup. For reference, 245/50's on the stock rims will make contact with non-rolled rear fender lips too. My current TSW wheels with a 35mm offset only rub with passengers in the rear seat and a hefty dip in the road. You might be able to go as high as a 40mm offset with an 8" wide rim to tuck them in even further, but would have to confirm strut clearance up front. In any case, there are more options out there for us with the 05-up Mustangs having a near identical offset as our cars, but obviously they can also take much larger diameter and wider wheels as well.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4