Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    14 PSI Boost
    Boostn - I swapped out to an 8.8 and used the stock SVO axles with 1996 17x8 cobra wheels and 245x45x17 tires.... everything fit perfect.

I then sold the tires/wheels and installed the polished 01 cobra wheels with 275x40x17 nitto drag radials....... well they stuck out the sides about 1.5"s

so...... i swapped my SVO axles out with 90 ranger axles (same length as 87-93 mustang but for disc brakes) Flipped my rear caliper brakes around (took some grinding/welding) and bolted everything back on. Now the 275x40x17s on 17x8 wheels fit PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

and then the front wheels didnt fit due to the hub not fitting- thats an entire different story
    1984 SVO (turbo) sold
    1989 Notch (Twin turbo)-563rwhp - show'n''go
    2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Lifted
    2000+ Focus in the near future for a driver

Ok, I had rubbing problems using 255/45/17 BF Goodrich Comp T/As on cobra rims with the SVO lowered 1.5 inches with motorcraft lowering springs.

I just bought Yokohama Avid H4 245/45/17 and the rubbing is very minimal, even though the car is still lowered 1.5 inches.

It's amazing how much the less 245s rub.

TheSVTKid
    I am running 100% stock suspension,

1997 Cobra Wheels
    245/40/ BFG's all the way around.

Left side rubbing is a slight issue though I haven't rolled any fenders yet. So I will edit this once that is done, and let you all know the results.

Only thing i can say is that the car looks much better, and the brakes are now getting much more air to them as a bonus.

Old set up was 98 (cobra r style) wheels 17x8 all the way around,
    245's up front
    275's out back

I can't even explain the amount of rubbing I was more into the look for the 2 weeks it wore those "shoes" new combo much better.

Happy Motoring
    EA

SVO's: 1986 1c

Mach one rim

Has anyone tried the new mach one rim yet? I am not in the mood to be a guini pig. It is supposed to be a 17 x 8 rim with similar offset and backspacing as the cobras. Any info would be appreciated.

Eric
    Confucius says" a closed mouth gathers no foot"

SVO's: 1984 1C
    17 X 8
    30MM offset
    5 X 4.5
    3R331007AB Part Number

Hope this helps

Tony
    Tony

SVO's: 1986 SVO 1D
    I just saw some wheels that I am interested in getting. They are 17 x 7.5. They are about a 60mm offset, though...where would this put the wheel, and does anyone have an idea whether or not they would work?

Thanks, in advance,

Rich
    SVOCA Member # 360
    86 SVO (1D) - built on 11/23/1985 (1 of 223)
    86 Merkur XR4Ti
    93 Honda Nighthawk

Suggestions??

What kind of mods would need to be done to run the 98 Cobra R wheels or the 97 Cobra wheels. I would rather an easy bolt on with some slight tweaks. I don't want to get into switching front end components or sending the wheel out to be hogged out so it will fit.
    My criteria is simple. I want chrome wheels that are 17x8 prefer the look of the Cobra R but would settle for something that is close to it.
    1986 7B SVO

SVO's: 84 & 86

Kosie K1 Racing Rims

I just put on a set of Kosie K1 Racing rims that I purchased from someone on this board.

These are 16X7.5 instead of the stock 16X7 inch rims. The look and fit great. These rim can still be purchased from Tirerack. Just look for Kosie rims for a Probe. They have the proper offset. You just have to do some machining of the hub area to get them to fit.

Here is a picture of my 86 at Laguna Seca this past weekend (more on that in the Lounge).

Vince
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laguna_low_res_kosie.jpg  

kosie rims

Nice rims VRINNER! Quick question. Are you better off machining the wheel hub area of the wheel or the hub itself? Also how much did you have to machine(in mm. or in.) I'm looking for a different set of rims for my SVO and I like the flush look against the tire like the stock rims gave. Thanks for the reply.

SVO's: 84 & 86

Rims

I would think that you should do the rims. That way you only have to do it once. If you machine the hubs, next time you change the rotors, you will have to have them machined again plus I think with the rears you wont be able to do it that way. So machining the rims is the way to go.

I purchased the rims from DougSVO who had them listed on this board. He already had them machined. I dont know how much they took off but DougSVO said that there was a small lip on the opening of the rim. He just had the lip machined off. I think that is probably true for any Probe rims because I have heard of others who bought rims for their SVO that were made for a Probe and they did the same thing.

Please note that the tire size on these rims is 245/45/16 not 225/50/16. You do get the extra width but that width will cost you a bit more in the pocket book also you may or may not have to roll your fenders and may or may not get some rubbing depending on the setup of your car.

This car has Motorsport C springs so it's a bit lowered and it does rub a bit on the inside of the front fender well but not really much at all. I have noticed since my last allignment, the rubbing has stopped, 3 degrees neg camber, but I'm sure you wont want to run that on a street driven car.

Good luck!

SVO's: 1986 SVO 1D
    Vrinner,

How about a side shot of those?

Rich
    SVOCA Member # 360
    86 SVO (1D) - built on 11/23/1985 (1 of 223)
    86 Merkur XR4Ti
    93 Honda Nighthawk

SVO's: 86 1C, 85 1E

Talking wheels & tires

Hey guys here is some info that might help. I am running 95 Cobra R's on my 86 SVO. The rear end has been swapped to a 8.8 with the original SVO axles. The front end has 98 LX spindles and hubs with cobra rotors and Bullitt calipers. You also must use the 98 inner and outer tie rod ends. One thing you must choose is eather reem the the new spindles to fit the SVO ball joint or install 98 lower control arms, I choose to reem the spindles. The only 95 Cobra R wheel that will fit under the SVO fenders is the M-179 for the front and rear. I have tried both the 179 and the R-58 and the R-58 just won't fit. The tires I am running are BFGoodrich G-Force KDW 245-45 in front and 255-45 out back. The car has also been lowered with Ford Motorsport C springs. I have no problems in the back with scrubbing, but minor in the front. This little problem is being worked out with the addition of spring bushings between the front control arms and C-spring. If I can answer any questions feel free to E-mail me @ christopher.j.hadden@delta-air.com Good luck and happy hunting for your wheels and tires..CJH
    86 1c, turbo4

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order a set of OZ's that fit a Probe. They have a set of bright silver 17x8's which will fit my 245-40-17 and 255-40-17's I'll keep you posted.
    1986 7B SVO

Well I got my OZ finally and they look awesome. I test fit them and they do need a little work on the hub center. Not a real big deal should very simple with the die grinder. I have attached a few picks for you guys.
    The fitment is for a 1996 Ford Probe GT and they are OZ Superlegera's 17x8 with a 40mm offset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc05179.jpg  
    1986 7B SVO

Another pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc05180.jpg  
    1986 7B SVO