Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    SVO's: '86 2R
    Not much has happened lately. In another post, I saw a link to a company that made polyurethane motor mounts. I contacted the company, and they noted that they hadn't made those mounts for years. The contact did offer up another company that made such parts for turbo T-birds/Cougars/SVOs. I contacted them, and they said they had one set for the SVO in inventory, but were about to make another run and build more. I ordered that last set they had today. I'll report on how they look when they arrive. For reference, the company is here:

https://tbirdcougarparts.com/index.php

Their Series 2 mounts are $175 shipped. They also make EGR block off plates.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Gene, let us know how they work for ya. I am sure all those drag racing launches over the years I did them have taken their toll on my factory mounts and it may be a good idea to swap them out. You can see some 'decent' engine movement on my one track day session video where I put the camera looking at my front suspension movement here:

https://youtu.be/7UtxgjLjctU

Not sure if that is a 'lot' or 'normal', but they would likely better compliment my urethane trans mount too.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Well, the mounts arrived, and they are very impressive-looking! I don't think I can do any better at picture taking then what is on their website, so I won't bother. The parts were well-wrapped. These will, for now, be spares, since I'm still trying to get other things done on the car, but could install them in the future.

I don't think that's a lot of movement in that vid. I've seen probably 1/2" of movement of the intercooler on our car. I noted that it took some careful adjustment of the TC IC to keep it from hitting the strut tower brace while autocrossing. It currently sits about 1/2" away from the bar, but still occasionally taps the bar.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas