Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    will he mix it in rattle can for me ?

I'm pretty dedicated on most things, but I'm too lazy to pull out the paint gun to paint up the shocks.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    That's usually how I roll, too. I'll take that info to our local parts house (they do paint, and will put it in an aerosol can for you, too) and get a can. Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that 'Vermillion' is 'Vermillion', but will back it up with a brand and type.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Well, my new Koni shock/strut labels arrived in the mail yesterday. I guess I need to get to it and clean/update the suspension now!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Wow, how time flies!! Not much has happened lately with the car, other than the radiator springing a leak! We've been working on other projects, but I do start the car and move it around some every once in a while. We just 'restacked' the shop, swapping out some storage shelves for pallet racks. That will allow me more storage. I can finally get the OEM front bumper cover off the floor and up on a shelf. I do need to rearrange the location of the box containing the front lights/lenses so I can get to them easier. That will happen this weekend around Christmas things.

I still need to order the replacement radiator from Paul, then get some good weather so we can pull the car out, pull the radiator and wash the dirt/grease off the front of the engine bay. Then, I'll tear the top off the engine and replace all the cooling lines with those pretty, polished, stainless tubes I got from Forced4D so many years ago. I'll also install the powder-coated valve cover, ported intake and Rob's header when I put things back together. While I'm down that far, I'll probably pull the injectors, as it seems one isn't working right, and no matter how many times I start and run the car with the new gas, it isn't getting any better.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Gene, looks like you have your next 'batch' of projects lined up for the car. Having a more organized shop certainly helps out all aspects of projects, so kudos for getting that one going. I know I certainly need to go back through all my 'stuff' up in the rafters of my garage and clean out the items that no longer need to be there...like my former SVT Contour parts.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Oh, I don't clean out, just put it in a plastic box and put 'er up on the shelf!! One never knows when I might need those 1959 Rambler hubcaps!! And yes I have a set.

The race car is next up, I have a new (class-legal) hood to finish the installation on. Then, if time allows, I have a couple of hundred pounds of parts to throw under, and in, our '12 Caprice. Sadly, the SVO is, again, down the line. I still have to get the radiator from Paul. Then, order the hoses. I have a list, just need to stop by the parts house.

Maybe we can do that work around Easter time. I'd like warmer weather to be here for the wash up.
    Last edited by gbeaird; 12-21-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Hoses are in. H0ly c@rp the price of Hoosier slicks have gotten stupid!! $2000 for race tires! Set us back another month for the radiator. I did start and ran the car for about 20 minutes. It seems to be running better as time goes by. Hopefully I can get by without an injector cleaning. I'll check it the next time to see if it is actually running on all four before taking the intake and exhaust off. If not, then it's off to an injector shop.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

making good progress Gene. You need to snap a few pics so we can see your progress!!
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    Hoses are in. H0ly c@rp the price of Hoosier slicks have gotten stupid!! $2000 for race tires! Set us back another month for the radiator. I did start and ran the car for about 20 minutes. It seems to be running better as time goes by. Hopefully I can get by without an injector cleaning. I'll check it the next time to see if it is actually running on all four before taking the intake and exhaust off. If not, then it's off to an injector shop.
    Looks like Continental is going to get the 'most' out of Hoosier, eh?? That is going to kill a lot of grassroots guys for sure.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Indeed. They're just breaking even!! :-/ The year-before-last, when we called our favorite vendor for the next year's set, we were warned to get our 2016 set before the first of the year because the prices were going up. Our 14X16 radial slicks are now $516 EACH! Yikes. They're good for about 30 runs, although since our competition is kind of light, mainly because the venues we use scare the heavy-hitters away, we'll get about 60+ runs out of them before they cord.

My bride just left for a two-week trip to Australia, so I think if the weather cooperates, I may install the MM adjustable rear lower control arms and FMS springs I have. While I'm there, I may clean and paint the shocks, depending on how ambitious I get.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

And success! I may drop it a bit more in the back, but will wait until the front FMS springs are installed. All-in-all, not a bad job, and I got some stuff cleaned up back there. I was going to pull the shocks, clean and shoot them, but really wanted to get the car back on the ground, not that it's going anywhere anytime soon.

It was really fun to finally get to spend some quality time with the car. Next up should be the cooling system.

So, no more rally car look:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SVO after MM rear LCA install.jpg  
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Looking good Gene!
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Indeed. Now the front needs to come down about 1/2" for the car to be level. The front LCAs are already pointing up towards the wheels. Don't want to go much lower for fear of getting the front roll center below ground level. I still want to autocross this car every once in a while.

It's going to be interesting to get this thing on our scales to see how much lightness we've added.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas