Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    SVO's: '86 2R
    Got the cooling system filled and the car run to get warm so I could discover and fix leaks. The turbo cooling line was leaking, and I didn't discover this until I shut the car off where I heard the sizzle of coolant dropping onto the exhaust system. Hopefully that's fixed, but may see if I can acquire or rent a leak cooling system pressure tester since that connection is under the IC. It would be nice to see if it's still leaking w/o having to remove the IC.

It's nice to hear the car run again, even if it was just at mostly an idle with the front wheels up on ramps.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Finally got the strut tower bar and strut tops back from the powder coater. They look very nice. Got them installed, too! After installing, I thought that I should have had the tops done in a steel color, but at least they're coated. We'll start it back up over Thanksgiving and see if I've fixed the leaks. If so, we'll put it on the ground and get to working on the interior.

Good weather, for a change. Got a fair amount done out in the shop. Some LEDs installed in the bus, and the STBs on the SVO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STB Installed 2.jpg   STB Installed.jpg   driver's side strut top.jpg  
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Looking good Gene!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Thanks, Ted. Yeah, it is looking better and better. I keep fighting the urge to do more cleanup on it, but made my mind up to get it back on the ground and running before tearing into any other projects until then. Some of them may double the effort, taking stuff apart that I've already assembled, but so be it. I can concentrate on getting the interior finished after this.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Ran the engine for a bit to warm it up and check for leaks. Found none. She’s finally sitting on the ground! Next up, I think I’ll get the dash put back together and get the back interior panels painted and installed.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

14 PSI Boost
    Looking good! What / who is the manufacturer of the strut bar? Appears to fit fine with the stock engine intake parts?....
    85.5 1E in the house.

I’m sorry, but I do not remember. I bought it second hand. It does clear everything stock. It hit the TC IC, but since we’ve gone with the updated IC core, we can put the factory IC back on.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Started working on the interior this weekend. Not much, but shot one of the inside hatch panels with some paint to cover the blemishes it has. The original one we had was petty cut up from years of dragging storage boxes to and from autocross sites, so I got another one. That one had some scratches, which I was expecting, but also had some white spots from being bent. The paint covered those white spots up completely, and made the scratches less-noticable. I figure they'll be under the hatch when it's up, so really won't be that noticable anyway. Also cleaned the door panels a bit. They had a bit of mold on them from the car sitting in the cold, damp, shop during the winter. They'll probably require more cleaning episodes before things are really clean. I also need to pull the dash apart some to get the vents reinstalled in the dash panels I have on the car right now. We'll clean those, too.

I also tried to install the reproduction coil cover panel, but it seems it won't fit with the strut tower bar in place. I guess I'll need to get a new coil and clearcoat the metal bits so it looks good on the inner fender panel.

Has anyone been successful reflocking the dash panels yet? I've seen a couple of false starts, but no one doing this yet. Thank you.
    Last edited by gbeaird; Yesterday at 03:00 PM.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    If the flocking is still present and accounted for, one option I will toss your way is to simply paint over the factory flocking. I have seen several re-flocked dash panels and, while most were done very well, they never really matched the factory look IMHO. A few years ago my flocking decided it wanted to change colors, turned brownish-green over winter storage, but was otherwise intact. I used the same Duplicolor interior spray I have used on several other interior items and it came out looking really pretty good. Paul was quite impressed with how well they actually looked when he took a close look at them. I have pics from back in 2001 with the untouched panels and 2020 with them painted if you would like to see?
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4