Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    SVO's: '86 2R
    Was on call this weekend, so I didn't want to get too involved with anything out in the shop. I DID get the timing belt cover bolts cleaned, painted, and the cover installed. That was about it on the SVO. Hopefully, I'll have more time to get more bolted on next weekend. Brought the intake bolts up to the house to get them on the bench-grinder brush wheel, and get some fresh paint on them this week.

NOTE: The timing cover bolt that's on the head, just above the thermostat housing will NOT come all the way out with the t-stat in place. Because of that, I had cut the mounting tab off my old cover. You CAN spin that bolt out to the point it touches the t-stat housing and still get the cover out and back in. It's just a pain, and requires a couple of combinations of 10mm wrenches, short sockets on a universal, and for me, a hemostat, to spin the bolt back down and tighten it. Just an FYI.

I got a different cover that wasn't quite so broken as my old one, but even it had cuts on it where someone took an angle grinder to the phillips head bolt in the center of the cover, but at least this one wasn't broken. It cleaned up pretty well, so it's being used now. If I find a better one, I'll grab it, but am proceeding with this project for now.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: '86 2R
    The new bus fixing has eaten up a significant part of my shop time, lately. I did get a bit of time on the SVO. Started bolting the intake manifold on. Got all of the upper bolts in, and started the lowers. Now, to get to the back two lower bolts...... the cooling line hoses I installed have to be removed so I can get to them.

One step forward, two steps back. I also got the line to the lower intake reversed, so it has to come off, too.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas