SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop

Project "Wingless" Begins

Hi All,
    well, after wanting to tear into it all week and not being able to 'cause I got picked up for a film I finally got around to working on "Wun Wing Less" today.

I've decided that I'm going to do a "non-concourse, mostly original" restoration. By that I mean it will be the original colour with cloth interior, from SMS Auto Fabrics, will retain it's stock brakes wheels and suspension and get a boat load of repro parts thrown at it. I'm going to go mostly stock on the engine too. Stock T3 with a ported E6, stock T-5 etc

I'm going to add a few modern/common upgrades in the interest of safety and comfort. Stainless brake lines, K&N filter, 2.5" stainless Dynomax exhaust, relays to wiring, maybe an Ali flywheel and Spec clutch etc. Just some nice common mods to enhance the performance and safety of the car.

I've also decided to keep track of all the money and hours I put into the car. I'm going to keep all the receipts for parts but am also going to keep a log of the hours I spend on the car. When Mike's 82 T-top car got totalled the assessor said if you had a log of time worked it added value to the vehicle. I'm just interested to see how long it will take and how much it will cost!!!

They say all great things start with the blow of a single hammer. Well today, I washed it and looked at it!! Thats it. Some dish washing liquid, some degreaser and a lot of elbow grease. Under all that dirt there was a actually a car!!! I also never realised that red cars had red K-Members!!!! I also started to do a bit of an inventory of the engine bay and see what parts are missing so I can look for parts on JY trips.

It looks like it will need some sheetmetal work, RH inner fender, core support, both 1/4 skins but this is nothing that I'm not prepared for or haven't tackled before.

More to come
    Chris
    P.S.- sorry about the lack of pics but my batteries died.

Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkys_explorer View Post
    with cloth interior, from SMS Auto Fabrics,
    Chris, do they have the original fabric? I need bolster fabric and then I can have mine re-done.

SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop
    Kurt, I'm not sure. The samples they sent me seem real close although the bolster fabric may be a little darker. I'm trying to get ahold of a small sample of original unfaded cloth to compare. Anyone, anyone???

Boosted
    PM Chris Cade. He just re-did his seats, and I am sure he has a piece or so left.
    Also, JTurbo just re-did his seats (Newsletter).
    The material looks darker when new, at least Chris' did.
    http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701
    Last edited by NavySVO; 07-30-2007 at 05:35 AM.