Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The voyage home

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C

The voyage home

First off, thanks guys for the wonderful time. the car made it home, with only a slight delay to repair a broken VAM signal wire.. 150 feet from the auto-x site. .. and another stop to repair blown IC lines.

Had a blast at the autocross! I also owe someone lots of zip ties. They really saved my butt

Ill dig through scott's pictures and post em in a bit.
    redneck engineered 84 2a, stock 84 1D.

I just sat down to the puter and looked at my cell and was about to call to see if you made it home. Glad to see that you did and found out the problem. Sorry, I couldnt have been more help. Maybe one of these years, I can make it down and we can talk in person. Tony
    Biz closed till further notice
    84 SVO

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    Yes, Thank you for all your help on the phone. i owe ya a beer. I owe a lot of people a beer.
    redneck engineered 84 2a, stock 84 1D.

You must have been lucky enough to end up with one of my business cards with my cell number on it. BTW, If anyone needs it or breaks down in NE PA its 607-725-8317. The trailer is currently empty.
    Biz closed till further notice
    84 SVO

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    we gave the cards out to anyone that would take them. I thought there was going to be a fight over the mail-box
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    MADADDER...
    That mailbox was sweet...
    I was just wondering what our historic home would look like with that mounted on the front porch... LOL
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    I would love to have one as well but my HOA here at Ma's would get together a lynch mob and string me up.

My trip home was pretty good except some crazy girl who first cut me off real bad and then slowed down to 50MPH while trying to decide which CD she wanted to hear. I blew my horn at her as I finally passed her on the right. She then went crazy trying to get back in front of me. She finally got around to be back in front of me and then I faked her out at the I-75 / I-640 split with a phony turn signal scam HAHA.

SVO's: 86 -1998 Indigo blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Potter View Post
    I would love to have one as well but my HOA here at Ma's would get together a lynch mob and string me up.

My trip home was pretty good except some crazy girl who first cut me off real bad and then slowed down to 50MPH while trying to decide which CD she wanted to hear. I blew my horn at her as I finally passed her on the right. She then went crazy trying to get back in front of me. She finally got around to be back in front of me and then I faked her out at the I-75 / I-640 split with a phony turn signal scam HAHA.

lol thats funny. i always dick with my friends like that, left turn signal for turning right and opposite

also going down the country road to my house at night sometimes with no lights on and just the hazards going...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Potter View Post

Ken, I wouldn't call that a fake out. Nowadays, using a turn signal just causes confusion. They are mesmerized at the little blinky light & are concerned as to why it keeps blinking. Many idiots on the freeway believe that signifies it is time to speed up to get beside that vehicle.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Alex, good to here you made it home w/o major issues. Now you can work out all the 'details' on your setup and get that engine broken in!

I walked in my door about 1 hour ago. Smooth 400 mile trip w/o any incidents along the way. I can't believe it didn't rain on me when I got within 20 miles of my house...happened that past 4 years in a row To make up for it, I just stopped by one of the local wash bays and blew off the road crud and bugs. Good to see everyone again, had a blast and can't wait till next year!!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 1C
    Make a bracket Alex and get it over with. Glad you all are making it safely!
    84 1C FrankenSVO
    06Mazdaspeed 6 yep it's a 2.3T

SVO's: 1986 2r 84 2a
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana dave View Post
    MADADDER...
    That mailbox was sweet...
    I was just wondering what our historic home would look like with that mounted on the front porch... LOL
    Dave i dont know what it would look like at somebody else home but its staying in my home ... THANKS FOR THE COOL DOOR PRIZE MADADDAR 'my whole family likes it

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    Rick! I dindin't realize you're the one who won it! Congrats!
    So how about posting who won what?
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

Boosted
    I only know the following from the pics I took:

OnthegoSVO won a shifter
    SVORob won a shifter boot
    Wizard191 won a tune up kit w/ oil filter
    Rick Alvino won a case of Mobil 1
    Dragpak won the flaming mailbox

Don't know the feller who won the Motion D gift cert, don't know the feller who won the Weber grill, and I don't know what Ken Potter hauled in....

SVO's: 1984 1C 1986 2A
    Rick (under pressure) won the Evergreen turbo

Someone won:

gift certificate from the Tire Rack
    MadAdder powder coated valve cover
    Last edited by onthegosvo; 10-09-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    Steve

1986 2A / 1984 1C