SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop

Modine Oil Coolers still Available??

Was wondering if anyone might know a source for the Modine coolers which are stock on our motors??

SVO's: Several
    Check with Paul at SVPU. He had some a while back. Mid 80's Nissan turbo cars and Perkins diesel engines had them as well, if you have to go searching at the boneyard.

SVO's: 85 855 855 86 86 86
    Hers a pic of the 03/04 Cobra. Pretty close to ours with a touch more efficiency and capacity. The last one is from Esslinger I believe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cooler3.jpg   cooler1.jpg   cooler2.jpg   cooler4.jpg   Adapter_Filter_Lines.JPG  

16 PSI Boost
    It is not a straight bolt up, but this is a cooler from a 2000 4.6 2 wheel drive truck, (I think) the hose position is reversed, you can drill out a -8 bulkhead fitting and thread it into the block, or use a long 3/4 oil filter nipple if you want to use the 2.3 bolt, and just roll a thin sheet of alum to wrap around the 2.3 bolt to make up for the smaller diameter, or modify the 4.6 bolt, there are several ways to do it, you also have to notch a rib on the block for clearance, the cooler is much bigger and aluminum. (stock one on right) I roadrace my car, oil temp is always within 5*-10* of the water temp, even on a 100* day at high RPM for 40 minutes.

Just a option for you, a bit of work to make fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oil_coocropped.jpg   oil_coolcropped.jpg  
    Last edited by fitzmotor; 04-07-2008 at 12:06 AM.

I have used oil coolers available but nothing new anymore. I had a stash of NOS ones a couple years back but they are long gone. I do still have VERY limited stock on new O-rings as well.

I checked with Jim at PPI and he has New ones in stock...both correct NOS originals and ones that are just slightly different in appearance but functionally identical and require zero modifications to use.

No need to reinvent the wheel here....these are readily available and not like a RH outer marker

SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop
    Paul, thanks a lot for the info. I traced the problem to something else but since I didn't replace that during the rebuil I might just have to at some stage.