Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeward Bound

SVO's: 86 1C

Homeward Bound

Well, in my case it is just 'home'. I pulled into the 'ol driveway @ 2:55pm CST after an uneventful 440 mile trip home. Averaged 65.5 mph (obviously slow by Chalky's standards) and pulled down 24.9 mpg on the one tankful that I tracked where I was averaging 69.7 mph. Can you tell I keep a log of my trips?!?

I had a great time seeing familiar faces and meeting some new ones too. I hope everyone has a safe trip home, whether your trip is 20 or 2400 miles. I will follow up with pics later as I need to devote my attention to some 'other' matters.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    pulled in around 4:00pm, got stuck in traffic 75 north. rest of time was pretty leadfooted in bursts, bet its somewhere around 12mpg, even light load, closed loop was spotty at best.
    redneck engineered 84 2a, stock 84 1D.

SVO's: 84 blue,86,84 2A

Drag pack

Well Drag pack was not so lucky he broke down just South of Cincy. Luckly after a few dozen phone calls. AlexL is running out to him with a dizzy. He replaced the TFI anf still no spark. Hope he is back on the road soon. I just spoke to AlexL and he is pulling up to save the day!

The SVOCA brother hood in action! nuff said
    Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
    86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

SVO's: 84 blue,86,84 2A

Update drag pack

Just heard from AlexL it was the PIP got spark! Drag pack is setting the timing now will be on the road in 5.
    Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
    86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

18 PSI Boost
    SVO's: '84 9W SVO
    Alex deserves a medal.

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    Way to go Alex!
    Lord knows Rick's helped a lot of us out. Good to here some favors paid back.
    Post up when you make it home Rick!
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

SVO's: '85 1C
    The STL crew got home at 1:30 this afternoon. I had to pound 6 beers tonight just to prevent the DTs.
    John Basler
    '85 1C
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

just made it back to the house. dragpack was on the road fairly quickly once the timing was set. had a minor charging issue, but we pounded pavement all the way up to florence, then traffic STOPPED. wreck 75 north at 12th street in covington. it was my exit so i waved em off the highway, we stopped at a gas station, geeked about j3 adapter for a few minutes after dragpack cleaned up, and sent em on their merry way. they should be home in about 2-2.5hr from now.

update. just got a call from dragpack. he's down again. 12 miles up indiana st route 1. he's pulling the dizzy and swapping TFIs just to make sure, and will call me back. so im on deck to head out again.

we got a engine down!

dizzy pulled, aux gear bit it. previous dizzy had a few teeth missing, didn't even notice it in the dark. DAVEZ84SVO was contacted and is diverting to recover, and transport dragpack home.

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

Indiana HWY 1

we got back on the road and broke BIG time while taking Indiana HWY 1 to I-74, DaveZ84SVO is on his way to tow. Rick and I are stealing someone's wireless internet to post this, I have about 20% battery life left on the laptop, and the wolves have howled twice already, I think they are triangulating our position. the bull frog started a few minutes ago and dueling banjos probably isn't far off.... picture two RED 86 SVO's in someones gravel driveway, Rick and I are lawnchaired in front of my car out by the end of the driveway waiting........... 11:00pm

we are having a mini-meet, if anyone wants to come....... I can give LAT-LONG for anyone that has a GPS to find us.......
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

Quote Originally Posted by rschonegg View Post
    we got back on the road and broke BIG time while taking Indiana HWY 1 to I-74, DaveZ84SVO is on his way to tow. Rick and I are stealing someone's wireless internet to post this, I have about 20% battery life left on the laptop, and the wolves have howled twice already, I think they are triangulating our position. the bull frog started a few minutes ago and dueling banjos probably isn't far off.... picture two RED 86 SVO's in someones gravel driveway, Rick and I are lawnchaired in front of my car out by the end of the driveway waiting........... 11:00pm

we are having a mini-meet, if anyone wants to come....... I can give LAT-LONG for anyone that has a GPS to find us.......
    Yikes! Any idea what broke?
    Danny

SVO's: 86 2R

Blow out

The Lowe's rubber pipe coupler used as a band aid from the turbo to the intercooler only lasted so long for tbrody and blew out coming out of the rest stop in Columbus IN, Auto Zone was near by and had 1 and only 1, 2 in. radiator hose to fill in. It was promptly replaced and we were back on the road after cooling Laredo's passenger side front brake seems the right caliper may now be going bad.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop
    Ya'll ain't fillin me with confidence here!!!!!

SVO's: 85 SVO Canyon Red
    Just pat the car on the hood, and ask blackie to please, please, please get me home.
    85 SVO 2A 205rwhp & 266 pounds torque!
    SDS Found, FMIC Built, Dash pad triple gauge pod