SVO's: 1985 SVO 511rwhp

Boport goodie suggestions?

Those that attended the last reunion know I proudly donated one of our roller cams to "the cause" and as you know reunion time is coming up again...

I'd like to feel out what you guys would like to see this year. I'm toying with the idea of donating a hot off the shelf big valve kit with our new full inconel exhaust valves. This would be a kit with valves, springs, retainers, locks and instructions.

I could also donate another roller cam, that seemed to be a popular item from what I gathered from the giggidy Gator. Another 1.5, or would a 1.1 be more desirable to most of you guys? Of course matching HLA's would be included with this one.

I wish I could donate both, but things just aren't all that great here unfortunately. Maybe a combo of valves and the cam by itself, and the winner could purchase the HLA's or spring kit at a special discounted price? 10% off?

Just throwing idea's out there guys, I really value your support and want to show that by making sure you guys are taken care of this year. Let me know!

Bo
    1985 SVO 511rwhp
    1984 SVO daily driver/ product test car

SVO's: FoxRod
    Either way, if I win you'll be getting more business from me for something!
    Interested in throwing a sticker on the Silver State car? That engine needs Boported. Let me know.
    "Specializing in Brut Force and Ignorance."

SVO's: 85 855 855 86 86 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Henson View Post
    Either way, if I win you'll be getting more business from me for something!
    X2!!!!

But if I had to pic, I would go for the cams.

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    No pics of you in the birfday suit though.

OK...maybee just one.

In all seriousness, we're down for whatever gratuity you can muster. Its seriosuly appreciated !!

SVO's: Several
    It would be stoopid for the person being gifted not to buy the rest of the set from you!

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    I think the cam would be good ...but let the winner choose the stage they would like
    Rob

85 4e

Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto2000 View Post
    I think the cam would be good ...but let the winner choose the stage they would like
    This sounds like a winner.

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto2000 View Post
    I'm with you on the cam, but give warnings against opening up the catalog for the winner to cherry pick. Why? We've seen something similar in the past. The winner starts trying to customize their prize and it goes just a bit too far - causing a riff with the vendor. Kinda like .. blowing on the envelope, then adding more and more to the contents of the letter without adding to the postage. .. if you get my analogy. It's not a good idea. Find something to donate and let that stand. You can not please everyone - so shoot for the majority.

Bo ... first off, THANK YOU for your continued support of the club. Hopefully, you can join us for a Reunion one year and experience the essence of this club. As for what to donate? My suggestion would be something that works more towards the near stock/mildly modified car and owner. Something that introduces them to your line of items - without putting the cart too far in front of the horse. Your basic cam upgrade or one step higher will always be a coveted prize to the masses.

SVO's: None
    Well....as previously mentioned here in this thread Bo was right on the mark with the KIND donations. Something that would introduce Bo's product lines without going too crazy or radical. The 1.1 stage cam was one of the coveted prizes.

Bo - THANKS!!! I spoke with you earlier this year about building a head for me. I just never got around to pulling the trigger on this part of the car. Now, because of your continued support to the club and hobby, I've got the motivation and will be in contact with you soon to build a head using the cam you donated this year.

As always, thanks to SVOCA as well. A lot of this club is about the car, but most of it is about the members.

SVO's: 1985 SVO 511rwhp
    Hey you guys are very welcome, thank you for your support!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Enjoy!

Bo
    1985 SVO 511rwhp
    1984 SVO daily driver/ product test car

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    thanks bo for providing us with the means for MORE POWAR!

after dyno day, its obviously time to pull the trigger on a stage 1.9 cam. expect to hear from me soon as well.
    redneck engineered 84 2a, stock 84 1D.