Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Pink's 85

SVO's: None
    I don't have a set number in mind.....if I can get in the 250 area and have reliability I'd be happy.

The car is a driver and the occasional auto-x.

SVO's: 85 855 855 86 86 86
    You practically had that before the head. You could be way past that now. Put a cold air filter assembly on, disco the knock sensor and turn up the boost. Did you see my 1B dyno posts?

Just looked at your sheets....nice. It's got a cold air filter on it too. I've got an e-mail into Bo to get his input too. I want to get this lean condition fixed before I go turning up the boost.

When you were on the dyno did you get the a/f ratios?

Yeah, A/F was about 14 at 3200RPM, it then has a nice curve down to 11.8 at 3800RPM and then begins to climb to just over 16 before we stopped the run around 4700RPM.

Try the fuel pump wire, it will really help. Run a good 10W/30 synthetic oil and make sure the intake trac is oil free and clean out that intercooler and intake manifold. Use the Ford or the Napa Gold oil filter and not a Fram. Check the knock sensor if you are going to continue to run it, it is installed dry and use a torque wrench on it. The more torque applied to it the more sensitive it will be to noise, start by setting it to the loose range. Sorry don't remember what it is right now. Running a heavy oil will also create noise that the knock sensor sees. If you have not retightened the timing belt after running it for awhile, do that and make sure the accessory belts are not too tight. The belts can add vibrations and harmonics that can be seen at the knock sensor. Make sure the engine grounds are in good shape and the ground(it's actually a signal return) on the turbo is good. if you are serious about adding larger injectors get with someone on here that can make a chip for you. In the hp range you are looking at 55lbs will easily do it for you and you can still have a regular idle with no issues. Contact Caroth maybe.

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    Raven

which lead on the FP relay do you connect the direct power...I think that is a good upgrade
    Rob

85 4e

Rob - if I'm reading the schematics right, I think you'd pull the Tan/Light Green dotted wire from the relay harness.