Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SVO's: 861c comp prep, 862r
    You and me both Roger, lets try to make some local events over the next year. I think there are regular weekend events open to all at the old Giants stadium parking lot. Know of any others?

ps. Thanks to all who helped run this years event, great weather and a great time had by all. Cas took two of our runs and had a blast. I got some video of from the classic flip camera taped to the rear view mirror that looks like an arcade game, and one from the distance of yours Roger. I will try to post up in the next few days.

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOPaul View Post
    No A/C?!? That's a race car!

Dave did a good job but that was expected considering the considerable practice he had this past year....I think he has stirred the masses enough though that next year isn't going to be an easy win for him....Not sayin....Just sayin

Umm did I miss something here? This statement implies that Dave won this year? No offense Dave ur a good auto-xer no doubt, but one year of practice and throwing a set of race tires on isn't gonna make u an expert. It took me 5 years to become an "over night" sucsess.

Tim was another one who spent the year practicing.

Most of us were just lazy and did nothing this past year and it showed......
    Just alittle useless info.....two or maybe three of us in this years fast four haven't done an auto-x since last years event....not saying....just saying.
    Last edited by jayG; 10-20-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

SVO's: 4 86's & 1 85.5
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBOY View Post
    Gotta say that everyone, (but me), really stepped up their game on the autocross.
    You stepped up to the game as I saw it. At lunch, I was faster than you (as I remember it), you got much faster on the last 2 runs.
    << Last place in BOTH Kart races, Knott's '09.

SVO's: 84 1c
    Yep Jay me and the old man have not autocrossed the car since 07 and think that was twice.Dad does not even drive the car until we go to an autocross and he beats me in my own car almost everytime except once, makes me sick sometimes.Now that we have most of the bugs sorted out we can start having fun in the car and racing it more.I think setting some camber in it will help also as the front is set to stock.

Jay is right....Tim and the Schmitt clan are the only ones who had autocrossed since last year's Reunion.

....and had it not been for that cone Jay didn't hit last year.....not sayin....just sayin

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Quote Originally Posted by SR71-SVO View Post
    Dad does not even drive the car until we go to an autocross and he beats me in my own car almost everytime except once, makes me sick sometimes.
    And according to Moostacho, he'd be even faster if you would quit $#@&%*(( with the car in between his runs, "that kid keeps messin with the boost - it's like I'm driving a different car every time I got out there! He's driving me nuts!!"

OR .. he stopped playing with his mustache in the mirror on that last run.

SVO's: 84 custom, 86 1D
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOPaul View Post
    Dave did a good job but that was expected considering the considerable practice he had this past year....I think he has stirred the masses enough though that next year isn't going to be an easy win for him....Not sayin....Just sayin

Jay is right....Tim and the Schmitt clan are the only ones who had autocrossed since last year's Reunion.
    If I "stirred the masses", that is a win for all of us (SVOs). It is so cool when a group of SVOs turn out for a local event, and it does make people look.

There are a few more who have autocrossed since the last reunion, but I'll let them speak up.

Nothing beats seat time to improve your driving, and 5 years autocrossing is a lot of seat time!

The trophy is nice, being first (even if on race tires) would have been nice...but it is hard to beat the feeling I got when I rode with a first time reunion attendee and helped him shave significant time off his autocross runs. Now that was cool!
    Last edited by Dave S; 10-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.

SVO's: 84 1c
    Bud, yes I was messing with the boost trying to get it dialed in a little better. 15 psi was too much but 8-10 psi seemed to be not enough new BC will take a little time to figure out the settings on it.Car seems to be making the same if not more power then when on the dyno in bama with it set at 15 psi now then when it was set at 18 psi.But seat time and figuring the car out again will make the difference also.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Hats off to James for giving it hell on the auto-x and then driving his car back to Tx

I also had the opportunity to ride with a few owners on Sunday (thanks to the drivers that let me ride along). JayG was one of them and man is he fast. Not in one specific area but everywhere. I don't think I could ever drive (a comparable) SVO that fast in the auto-x.

Congrats to Team North!!! I gave them a small prep talk towards the end of the afternoon session, "pain heals, victory lasts forever"
    86 SVO 1C

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    Congrats team North!Hard to believe some of the fastest people were peopl who hadn't autocrossed since last years reunion!
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana dave View Post
    Congrats team North!Hard to believe some of the fastest people were peopl who hadn't autocrossed since last years reunion!
    they are one up on you though
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

SVO's: 4 86's & 1 85.5
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Hats off to James for giving it hell on the auto-x and then driving his car back to Tx
    Heck, I only hit one cone, and failed to take out SVORob on my spin , I don't know if that can be considered "giving it hell.."
    Last edited by SVOJames; 10-24-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    << Last place in BOTH Kart races, Knott's '09.

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    Quote Originally Posted by rschonegg View Post
    they are one up on you though
    Yep. Got me there...
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

SVO's: 84 custom, 86 1D
    Quote Originally Posted by SR71-SVO View Post
    And you are a very good driver,awesome job Dave
    Thanks Jim (PM sent). I've already noted a few things (driver) I did incorrectly that I need to work on; It's all about having fun and improving.

SVO's: 1986 2r 84 2a
    All i can say is i had fun and i hope to run faster next year

I plan on meeting up with Dave S and doing the scca school this coming year .