Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    I have SS brake lines, poly ft. stabilizer bushings and race tires. A/C compressor is removed. Everything else is stock. I ran the car that way Sunday.
    No A/C?!? That's a race car!

Dave did a good job but that was expected considering the considerable practice he had this past year....I think he has stirred the masses enough though that next year isn't going to be an easy win for him....Not sayin....Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by thomp22
    Fifth Again!!! Ugh. Next year. Maybe.
    ...next year you will be further down the line

Tim was another one who spent the year practicing.

Most of us were just lazy and did nothing this past year and it showed......but it's on like Donkey Kong now

SVO's: 1986 2R
    I missed a couple of local events this year, not next year. Pretty sure next year my street tires aren't going to make the cut with the close competition this year. That was one of the first things I said to my wife when I walked threw the door, Race Tires!, then I said I'm Home!
    Last edited by thomp22; 10-18-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Tim T
    86 2R #8031

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    JayG didnt have race tires .. cheater (DOT legal) tires that he drove from/to SC on, but not straight Hooiser race slicks on a trailer.

SVO's: 84 1c
    That man can drive no doubt about it awesome job Jay shoot me a P.M when you get the chance.

SVO's: 1986 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by svobud View Post
    JayG didnt have race tires .. cheater (DOT legal) tires that he drove from/to SC on, but not straight Hooiser race slicks on a trailer.
    True. But I am not as SMOOTH, as JayG. Who is? Dude finally got passed that first cone and his game was on! Nice driving Jay. I'm just looking, digging, scratching for Excuses...that's all.

Tim "First Fast Four Loser" Thompson

Seriously, I kid. Awesome time, and happy for all. My motivation level is up, and I know there are others...Paul?
    Tim T
    86 2R #8031

SVO's: 85 SVO Canyon Red
    This brings back those good memories from my trip out last year! Hey Dave, did William get to do the auto-x this year? I see his car in the pics, but that arm looks a little to hairy.....
    85 SVO 2A 205rwhp & 266 pounds torque!
    SDS Found, FMIC Built, Dash pad triple gauge pod

SVO's: 84 custom, 86 1D
    William ran the autocross, and is MUCH improved over last year; and yes, that is his arm!

Quote Originally Posted by SVOPaul View Post
    Dave did a good job but that was expected considering the considerable practice he had this past year....I think he has stirred the masses enough though that next year isn't going to be an easy win for him....Not sayin....Just sayin
    It wasn't easy THIS year! Thank goodness for anger management!

Competition is a good thing, it makes things much more fun; regardless of how you finish.
    Last edited by Dave S; 10-18-2010 at 12:33 PM.

SVO's: 85 SVO Canyon Red
    Excellent Man!!! I can honestly say I wish I was their riding shotgun again this year with him. Three years from now I will have enough vacation time built up to drive out and try and catch him...
    85 SVO 2A 205rwhp & 266 pounds torque!
    SDS Found, FMIC Built, Dash pad triple gauge pod

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by thomp22 View Post
    I missed a couple of local events this year, not next year.
    got the bug bad as well. forget tires, i need all the seat time i can get! have isolated the issues in the 84 and have a plan to remedy them before next season. talking to the SCCA guys, between Cincinnati, Lexington, and Louisville, there usually is an auto-x every weekend of the month.
    redneck engineered 84 2a, stock 84 1D.

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Excellent Man!!! I can honestly say I wish I was their riding shotgun again this year with him. Three years from now I will have enough vacation time built up to drive out and try and catch him...
    Very Cool. We missed all the west coast folks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by svobud View Post
    Hey....my 2R was driven, not trailered, to Richmond from Goshen....by "the coolest SVO mom"

SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop
    Dave, hate to tell ya, but it's not really a LONG drive

Congrats mate, sorry I missed it all. So JayG was doing his "Flying Elvis" impersonation??? Awesome!!!

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    thx for all the compliments peeps and congrats to everyone who participated!! It's was a very good auto-x. Yeah I had to dig deep like a mofo to get in the 32 second range for real! But that's was my fault for not auto-xing since last years event. what makes auto-x so challenging imo is that you're lucking to get that close to perfect run on a giving day. But luck was on my side this year and I'd rather be lucky than good anyday! Lmao.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

SVO's: 84 1C, 84 GT turbo
    Gotta say that everyone, (but me), really stepped up their game on the autocross. I had no idea it was going to be that competitive! Lots of folks on race tires or near-race tires, and many have been active outside of the club event, getting in lots of seat-time. Many of the regulars were much better drivers than I had seen before. Thank God for Bruce and Ron who helped the North pull through!

Gotta get into practice!
    My wife says it's a sickness...what do you think?