Thread: headlight harness

SVO's: 1984 reborn

headlight harness

I know many of you have done the mod to the headlights using relays to prevent the switch from burning and getting full charge to bulbs...I also started to do this mod until I found that website that makes harnesses...

check this out...http://rjminjectiontech.com/products/headlight-harness

just came in yesterday, going to try and install it today and see what happens. I don't know about you guys, but when I turn my lights on with the car running, it bogs down a few hundred rpm's, but comes up quickly. I'm looking forward to 14v at the lights instead of 9v... LOL

I'll report back once installed....

ok, done. I only had one issue.. the connector that comes preinstalled on the harness to plug into an existing headlight connector did not match up...so , I just removed the prongs from the connector, shrink wrapped them and plugged them each in individually. other than that...easy 20 minute install if that.

here's the connector...and before after photos.. the pic with the fan is the after...it has more light in the picture, but the headlights look brighter even with the additional ambient light. ..tell me if you can tell or not...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0104.JPG   IMG_0103.JPG   IMG_0105.JPG  
    Last edited by BrianO; 05-06-2011 at 05:22 PM.

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Looks a little brighter to me. The driver's side more than the passenger.

SVO's: 86 2R TTop, 84 1C,
    Looks good during the day, let us know how it looks tonight after it gets dark.

oh wow..here's a good pic... went to the garage and plugged the pass side one back to the stock connector, leaving the drivers side with the new harness... wow!

see how the pass side is almost purple?? weird....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0106.JPG  

SVO's: 86 2R TTop, 84 1C,
    WOW that really does make a difference. Looks like there is another part I get to buy.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    yeah, it does make a difference. but not to down the product Brian has pointed out, you can make that harness for about $15 bucks.

I have one sitting here I made about a year ago, I've been meaning to install... I put it together, and it looks almost identical to that one.

Somewhere here, I posted on how I made it... not sure there's any pics, but it's well worth the effort.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

this is very true and as I said I even started to make one myself, but I like how this one is made. brand new connectors and wires for the headlights, then just plug in one of the old pigtails for the signal to the relays. if you have the time and patients you cane easily make one yourself.