Thread: Forced4 CAI

16 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 1C

Forced4 CAI

I installed a Forced4 CAI over the winter. I already had the Forced4 bypass valve kit and a k&N filter so I PMed Eric and just bought the sheetmetal airbox. There was minor messaging to get the airbox to fit but it pretty much dropped right in. There are instructions on the Forced4 site on retaining the piping to the charcoal cannister, which I did.
    I painted the airbox Eastwood underhood black but it would be more scratch resistant if it was powdercoated. I also found some edging to put around the top of the airbox.
    I eliminated the flex hose by installing a 3" to 2.75" hump hose between the turbo and bypass valve coupling, and a 3" 45 degree elbow betweem the bypass valve coupling and VAM.
    I think this is a relatively cheap upgrade that really helps to uncork the intake. Plus you can really hear the turbo whine!
    The only downside, which isn't really a downside, is if you install a CAI you really need a bypass valve. I don't know if the K&N filter actually makes the need for a bypass valve necessary or if you can just hear what is going on better but the sounds/shuddering from the turbo when you suddenly get off the thrrottle under boost are not good with the CAI installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAI.jpg   CAI2.jpg   CAI3.jpg  
    Kevin Boyd

SVO's: 86 2R
    Nice touch w/the edging. I just bought one of these and noticed that the upper edge is really sharp.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

16 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Nice touch w/the edging. I just bought one of these and noticed that the upper edge is really sharp.
    Thanks I had some laying around and put it on, it made it look a more factory looking.
    Kevin Boyd

16 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 1C
    I want one of these but can't get a hold of anybody at forced 4

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    How are you trying to reach them ?
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

16 PSI Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    How are you trying to reach them ?
    I've emailed them from their site twice and called the number given there as well. I've left messages each time.

SVO's: 85 SVO Canyon Red
    With Forced4, you need to be a little flexable as he is in the process of moving, and his assistant is taking care of the shop for him. Or at least that was my understanding....

I dropped him a pm for ya...
    Last edited by SchoolBoy; 08-02-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    85 SVO 2A 205rwhp & 266 pounds torque!
    SDS Found, FMIC Built, Dash pad triple gauge pod

16 PSI Boost
    Thanks Schoolboy! I'm trying to get a few things done before reunion time and having my first kids (twins!) I don't figure ill have much time or money after that...

SVO's: 1986 1c
    I just checked my PMs. The best way to reach us at the moment is by using the esales@forced4.com. I have been way underwater with the move and all. The phone setup with us is sketchy at best. Sorry for the lack of support but we will do our best to keep things rolling.
    Confucius says" a closed mouth gathers no foot"