Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID Headlight Install

SVO's: None
    Grant - I doubt you're going to find any HID specific housings for the SVO....there's no market for it.

SVO's: 85 1C
    I saw a guy on the TC forum who redid his headlights. But he had access to vacuum forming stuff and all to make a clear lens and to redo the reflector inside.
    -Eric
    85 1C
    10 GT Premium
    01 Jeep Wrangler

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 1C
    I figured it might be worth a try. Are there at least improved housings? I've tried a search, but when it comes to the aero housings it's been without much success. I'm looking at options for improving upon stock. HID's would do just that. I must've gotten spoiled with the off-road lights on my Jeep.
    Grant
    86 1C-In Progress
    94 Wrangler-In Regress

When you say "improved housings" are you talking about the actual plastic housings or the bulbs? I'm a bit confused reading your post.

You can upgrade your bulbs which is what this thread is discussing. I do not know of ANY sort of upgrade for the housings. You can either get used ones or re-manufactured ones. The re-man ones are from Ford tooling and MAYBE the plastic/material is better then what was used in the mid-80s, but you're not going to find anything else designed specifically for the SVO.

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 1C
    Sorry that I was not clear. I mostly meant the lenses. Reflectors have improved though so I was trying, unsuccessfully, to include both. Sorry for the confusion. It's looking like I'll be trying to rehab my lenses or buy reman units and replace the entire thing. Thanks for informing me so I didn't continue to search in vain. I'm still learning what is just being reproduced, what has new/improved altnernatives, and what isn't being made any more.

Thanks again
    Grant
    86 1C-In Progress
    94 Wrangler-In Regress

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 1c
    that hid job is awesome i will be looking into doing that for my 86 i too am blind and have to go thru the woods to get to the interstate and already totalled the front end of my isuzu rodeo dealing with dumb deer i would hate to do the same with my precious svo thanks for the post

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    I'm lazy and haven't looked at any of the stuff required to do the upgrade.

Anyone mind to list out the items, with a ball-park price on them ?
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Eric, I'm about $160 into it not including adding flush headlamps, brackets, seals, etc. Other then the headlamps and HID kit, I didn't need any other parts.

SVO's: 84 9W 35,000 miles
    You can still buy the aero housings with lenses for about $95. But then you would get the maximum upgrade benefit from a new crystal clear lens and shiny new reflector!
    I Used to be Cool!