Poker Run feeback-for those who attended...

Hey guys, we would like feedback on what you guys thought of the Poker run since this was our first time doing it. Did you like it, hate it, constructive criticism...whatever. Just looking for feedback to see what you guys thought as we are already planning for next year .

SVO's: alwaysunderconstruct
    I enjoyed it, but think you should talk to the local guys about easy stop points, distanced a little further apart. I think I was back to the hotel in about 30 minutes of chilled driving.

'fo instance:
    1) Cokers was great
    2) Chickamauga National Park Gun Museum
    3) Tennessee Railroad Museum
    4) Chickamauga Dam (location not mispelled adjective) Park

-those would get us around Chattanooga, but out of the main "arteries".
    -James Price- '84 SVO 9W leather, SVO #124

SVO's: 1986 1E
    I wasn't able to do the poker run, but Lookout Mountain was calling my name. Maybe more stops there?
    86 SVO, 69 AMX, 91 SHO, 91 Bronco

SVO's: 4 86's & 1 85.5
    Tony & I both liked it, but wished it was longer.

Speaking for myself, I was expecting about 100 miles over about 2-3 hours, twisty roads at parts like the one we had will slow us down some.

Parking to get the first card was easy, parking and leaving the little souvenir shop for the 2nd was bad.

I'm kinda OCD, I liked that all 3 stops handed out the cards differently...scattered, stacked, spread.

I would like the stops to be at places off the beaten path.

Tony was very happy the second stop allowed him the pickup a trinket for his wife, he was glad to get that out of the way early.
    << Last place in BOTH Kart races, Knott's '09.

SVO's: 86 1E
    Speaking for myself, I was expecting about 100 miles over about 2-3 hours,
    But who would be following us with the trailers?

Seriously though, I like the idea of longer stops (museums, parks, etc.). Maybe have a lunch planned out at one of the stops.
    86 SVO 1E, not stock. MM&FF May 2010
    2012 Mustang GT, also not stock.

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    It was pretty cool. I think we should all leave and do the run at the same time that way you wont have to have someone at each stop either. just carry the cards to each stop as we go.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

SVO's: 84 blue,86,84 2A
    I LIked it it was cool getting to a stop while the car in front of me was still there. Maybe a little more drive time the mountain roads were fun to drive just cruzing.
    Like two stops then lunch at a drive in like a Sonic then two more then back to the hotel.
    The caravan idea would be cool also. this would make some pretty cool photo oppertunitys how often do you see a line of 20 -30 SVO's
    It was kinda kike all reunions way too short.
    just my 2 cents
    Last edited by SVORob; 10-18-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
    86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

SVO's: None
    Like the others have said....a bit more longer of a drive would've been nice. I did like the twisty road up into and back down the mountain......whomever picked that picked a nice one.

The caravan idea would be cool too.....would require some highway time to keep everyone together. We should've cruised up to Delk to scrounge for parts.....

Loved seeing the svo's on the highway. Meeting one as we were driving around was great.
    Time to clean up the engine bay!

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Quote Originally Posted by 140cilx View Post
    I enjoyed it, but think you should talk to the local guys about easy stop points, distanced a little further apart. I think I was back to the hotel in about 30 minutes of chilled driving.
    Yeah, it would have been sooo much easier if I had a local guide giving me some assistance in locations. BUT, just because you were local and already familiar is the reason you were back so quickly. Everyone else took their time and took in/enjoyed the scenary. Peggy more than others ..

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastII View Post
    Maybe more stops there?
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOJames View Post
    Tony & I both liked it, but wished it was longer.

Speaking for myself, I was expecting about 100 miles over about 2-3 hours, twisty roads at parts like the one we had will slow us down some.
    The length and stops were shortened for a few reasons. Most importantly was the fact we had a Director that did not attend - the other was the fact we had a scheduled tour of Coker Tire. The main focus was getting started after rush hour, but finish in time for everyone to break for lunch and then onto the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    We should've cruised up to Delk to scrounge for parts.....
    Delk performance is 120 mi drive one way and they're not really a pick_n_pull place. You ask for a part and they tell you if they have it and go get it off the shelf for you. While I could find a scrap yard .. I really couldnt see that as a group pleasing part of the weekend. 30 guys looking for the same bunch of parts? Might cause a bidding war or some hurt feelings.

I do appreciate the feedback!! If the idea of another Poker Run is something yall would want to do then We'll definitely try to spread it out a bit next year. Maybe have something else set up in the afternoon like the Coker tour.

SVO's: None
    Awww...come'on Bud....we got to do a bit of scrounging during the 40th......

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Awww...come'on Bud....we got to do a bit of scrounging during the 40th......
    That was 7 yrs ago and there was what .. 3 of us there poking around?

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1985 1E, 2008 Shelby
    Great event, and not just because I won. Maybe a little longer next time but I understand running into the Coker Tire Tour. The BOD outdid themselves this year, the hotel was great, it was the best Reunion I have been to. Hope to do it again next year!!!