Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BoPort!

12 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 SVO
    Man I hate it for you guys. I really hope he gets his act together and makes it right.

4 PSI Boost
    Well guys.. Boport is officially OUT OF BUSINESS. The city of Fremont, California shut him down after they found evidence of him living in his work building. If you are owed parts, I'm sure you are SOL. I'm owed over 4k and I'm not too happy. And to all you, yea I ordered my stuff and got it, I'm sticking behind him. Please stop. You are clearly not owed any money, so you have no dog in this fight. Of course you are happy, because he DOES NOT OWE YOU. In my eyes Bo is a piece of shet, that should be behind bars for taking peoples hard earned money and giving nothing in return but a headache.

End rant.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Wow, that is breaking news and not at all what folks wanted to hear for sure. Looks like he wasn't able to get the train back on the rails after his divorce. Sorry to hear.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Wow guys, sorry to hear that. I wish there were more we could do to help, as this kind of stuff does nothing to help our small niche hobby.

Just to be specific (because Bo apparently told people he was banned from here) we've NOT banned him, he's only been removed from the preferred vendors list (for obvious reasons). He's welcome here to explain his situation any time he wants to login.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

12 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 SVO
    Man I am sorry for you guys also. I hope Bo still comes through. I really feel that he will. If not, then there should definatly be repercussion or retribution.

SVO's: 86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    ...Bo apparently told people he was banned from here) we've NOT banned him...
    More lies and BS excuses. Like saying he couldn't keep me updated because his email wasn't "up and running" (??) It's a WEB-BASED yahoo account! You can access it from ANYWHERE! Ever heard of a public library? They provide internet access for FREE! And he couldn't send me PM on one of the many forums we're both on?? More BS. He had no problem making promises and communicating several times during the weeks before I sent him money. And then the very day I sent him money...communication stopped - for months. How convenient.

In addition to "donating" $2g to Bo legal fund, I also contributed a crack-free head core that I spent months searching for. I doubt I'll ever see that again either (even though he said it was "ready to go less cam"). When I asked to get it back "as-is" to cut my loss....no response. I think that speaks for itself.

And I'm tired of the "divorce" excuse. Getting a divorce does not explain or justify continuing to solicit and accept money from customers with full knowledge he had no way to fulfill his obligation. That behavior was both unethical and CRIMINAL.

Rant done.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    I totally understand your frustration man. I wish there were more we could do for the guys.
    The only other thing I can think of is to consider getting the guys that he owes stuff to together, and consider a legal approach. I really hate to think it's come to that.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 1C, 9L & 85GT
    Anybody live near him???? Nobody wants a sheriff on their doorstep....
    Ive taken care of several people from diff boards who didnt get their stuff..
    1 Modded, 1 Not

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    On TF, there was someone somewhat near his shop before the close out/shut down that went to find out what was going on but, Bo was never around. Even the shops around Bo's didn't see him around for awhile.

SVO's: 1985 SVO 511rwhp
    Wow, still cleaning up the mess I made 4 years ago.... Despite the new growth in my company I still hear from occasional new prospective customers about posts online about the "ordeal" in my past and I thought it would be a good idea to update this post with some current facts. I believe everyone that posted here about not receiving their parts has in fact received them in full as promised. Yes, I went through a very rough time and made some poor business decisions while going through that and many customers were unfortunately affected. For that, I deeply apologize. I have spent the last 3 years re-paying those affected and/or fulfilling orders that had been made during that time period of my divorce/melt-down. Since then however I was given another chance and I have decided this is what I want to do with my life. I feel I offer a good product and service that many enjoy and that's what keeps me going. I have re-located to a new shop in Carson City, NV since Februrary of 18 and I have not looked back. I realize that I and company only get 1 2nd chance to repair my reputation and I have taken that to heart. I have been hard at work the last year especially with a "clean slate" and have been delivering quality and service like never before to customers. I ask those on the fence please give me a chance to earn your trust and continue to establish my reputation for high quality work and parts for the 2.3 community.

Sincerely,
    Bo Christman
    Boport Racing Heads
    4825 Convair Dr.
    Carson City, NV
    (775) 884-3000
    FB Bo Port
    Last edited by Boport; 02-08-2019 at 02:29 AM.
    1985 SVO 511rwhp
    1984 SVO daily driver/ product test car

SVO's: '86 2R
    Welcome back, sir!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Boport View Post
    ...I realize that I and company only get 1 2nd chance to repair my reputation and I have taken that to heart. I have been hard at work the last year especially with a "clean slate" and have been delivering quality and service like never before to customers....
    While admittedly, I was previously outspoken of my frustration with Bo while waiting on my cylinder head, I'll follow up on this with a testimonial that Bo eventually came through on EVERYTHING that was promised to me. I received my new performance Stage 3 head in excellent condition - couldn't be happier. Everything I have heard/seen in the last couple years of BoPort products and support - 100% positive! The way you pulled yourself and your business out of a rough period is truly inspirational.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

SVO's: 86 1C
    Bo, good to hear you got yourself back on track and are continuing to share your talent with the 2.3L turbo community! I still have your bare Stage 1 head sitting in my inventory of parts and will eventually bring it back into the fray of my projects...once I get past a couple other projects that need more attention. So, I am sure I will be giving you a ring at some point in the future. Thanx, again for posting up an update to let us know you are back and running.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 svo, black
    Good to see you straighten yourself out. Kudos to you sir. I have just gone through a divorce that happened at one of the lowest points in life. It is truly a rough ordeal even without other problems to deal with. Good for you. I just picked up a 1986 and will be looking at some of your products.