SVO's: 84 1c #875,86 2R GTA

Anyone recognize this header???

Anyone know who makes this????

In other words does this look like a quality header?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MA-3247-A.jpg   MA-3247-D.jpg   MA-3247-F.jpg  
    KIT
    84 1C #875
    86 2R soon 9L GTA
    11 GT premium

SVO's: '86 2R
    First Rev. of Robs Header? It certainly doesn't look like a later version, or ATR. The welds look pretty decent. How thick is the tubing walls? The 2.3T is pretty tough on the exhaust manifold, so the flanges and tubing needs to be kind of thick. It does look like they attempted to reinforce the primaries where they come out of the head. Are the tubes welded to the flanges inside and out?
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    Quote Originally Posted by ISS SVO View Post
    Anyone know who makes this????

In other words does this look like a quality header?
    Yeah .. it's a cheap knock-off of Rod's $500 header for less than half the price that's found on eBay now-a-days. He's sold 50+ of the damn things .. you'd think someone would give some feedback concerning the quality.

For the money .. I'd say give it a shot. The sucky part will be the time involved in swapping it on/off in the case it is a true POS as suspected.

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1985 1/2 9L

This one?

Is it the same as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mustang-svo-...#ht_500wt_1413

This guy complains about a leak.

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    No, that's an old ATR .. and yes, they crack and leak.

SVO's: 1984 1C
    Well, FWIW, I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered one today. I spoke with some guy at "Speed Daddy" that imports these from "overseas." He told me that all the factory bolts and studs will fit this manifold/header. I asked him about turbo positioning tolerance vs. the factory manifold and he really didn't know how to answer it. He says they've only sold three of them which does correlate to the qty sold on the ad in ebay. I tried to find buyer feedback on it but I could only find one and it was worthless feedback. I should have it by next weekend and I'll let you all know about fitment. I'm doubtful on it being a quality part but I work with some damn good welders! At $139.99 shipped, it's worth a shot.
    Tony

16 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 1C
    I have one on my SVO it works well, yes it does leak but it seems to go away after it warms up. I plan on cutting the metal between the pipes so it mounts better to the head. I've had to cut headers before to keep them from leaking. You just can't get a flat mounting surface between the pipes. I recommend it if you have a small budget. If $ is no object go with the stinger but his is for front mount ICs not stock. Hope this helps...