Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reunion 2014

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

Reunion 2014

Here is the first 'official' announcement that the 2014 Reunion is ON!! It is back up in Kentucky this year. A few details are left to fill in, but the hard stuff is done.

Dates: October 17-19
    Hotel: Hampton Inn Richmond; 1099 Barnes Mill Road; Richmond, KY 40475; 859-626-1002; block of rooms under SVO Club of America; $97.75/night
    Friday: *Looking for suggestions, let us know what you may want to do!
    Saturday: Car show, site TBD
    Sunday: Auto-x w/Central Kentucky Region SCCA @ Legends Stadium in Lexington

We have a block of rooms under at the Hampton Inn, Just mention SVOCA. All rooms are 2-queen beds, non-smoking. They had 20 total rooms available in the hotel for that weekend. Just mention our club name when making your reservations. The block will be released on 9/17, so keep that in mind. If we end up booking the Hampton Inn up, the recommended 'overflow' hotel would be the Quality Inn or the Holiday Inn Express, both are within a block of the Hampton Inn.

Friday's activity(s) are open right now. We have been tossing around a couple of ideas, but would like to hear from you folks what you may or may not want to do, so please speak up. (We are starting a separate thread) We were feeling that the dyno day may be a bit long in the tooth, but if enough of you want it, we can certainly work on it. The 'scenic' cruise last year in Alabama was a real winner in my book, so we could also consider a Kentucky version too.

Saturday's car show site is still be determined, working several angles on different places, but it will be within 5 miles of the hotel.

Sunday's event will be with the CKRSCCA group at their Fall Fun Event and we are invited to participate. Standard auto-x event as in the past up in Lexington, but at a new location that we haven't run at in the past, it is at the Lexington Legends Stadium in the North-East quadrant of Lexington or about 29 minutes up the road from the hotel.

Registration will be open shortly, but SVOCA Club Members attend free, non-members is $30 (price of membership)

Auto-cross is an additional fee, paid directly to SCCA.

Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Got my room, used Hilton points, a good deal
    Mark Potter

86 9L

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Eric,

Is there an official sign up page? I'll be there.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 84 1E
    Just booked the room for Thursday thru Monday.
    They have limited rooms so you do not need to wait around.

'official' sign-up page will be setup shortly... sorry guys, it would already be done, but work is rather nasty right now.
    I wanted to make sure we got on everyone's calenders before time ran out tho.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Only a week left on the block of rooms (ends 9/17), so if you haven't got your room already don't dilly-dally much longer.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B
    It doesn't look like we will be able to attend this year. Because of my mother's health, I don't feel like we should be out of town for any length of time. This will be the first reunion since the second one that we will miss, but it can't be helped. We will sure miss hanging out with ya'll, and will be thinking of you. I hope everyone has a great time and hopefully we'll be back next year.
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

Perry, sorry to hear of the news, we will certainly miss you and Peggy! Direct family first, so I can certainly understand your need to stay put. We will save a spot for you and have a drink...or two, for you. See you next year then.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Only a couple of days left on the block of rooms (till 9/17), so make sure you grab one while still available. BTW, they may give an additional discount if you are booking it just for yourself (i.e.- 1 person)...just ask the person you book with.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    I shall be there if nothing happens, and should have my friends 84 ready to go if it goes well.
    Tony

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R
    Eric, how do I renew my membership? I'm going to come to the reunion. I am deploying again soon to the sandbox.

Richard
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

same as always, send a check, or email me, and we'll setup pay-pal.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Oh, only 18 days left till the official start of the 2014 Reunion...17 if you count my early departure down.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    I am pretty amp up. Just checked u-joints, new rear end grease/additive, and have a windshield coming tomorrow. After that a little rtv on the cam bolt (somebody forgot that), and a few little nick-nacks and I am ready for some shine. Any idea how many bodies are coming this year?
    Tony

Not sure how many folks will be showing up...unfortunately without a registration page it is hard to tell. We generally have good turnouts for the Kentucky area Reunions, 2014 should hopefully follow suit.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4