Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SVO's: 1C, 9L & 85GT
    Flywheel bad?? Clean up yourself.....
    1 Modded, 1 Not

14 PSI Boost
    Im not expecting it is bad but with the clutch slipping I would think I need to has it surfaced.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Glad to hear you found something out of whack under the dash and got the quadrant adjusted. Sorry to hear that you still had a slipping clutch. I agree with just getting the flywheel resurfaced, as you have no idea how much/long that clutch slipped before taking ownership. A quick pass in the machine shop will give a good, clean and should be flat surface to work with the new unit. Just remember to pull the dowel pins or have a spare set on hand. I once had a shop actually machine mine clean off as the knucklehead in back forgot to remove them before he ran the head across the plate.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    Well it tuned out that upon complete disassembly I found that the guy I had Bought the car from had never tightened the pressure plate bolts.
    I went to put a wrench on the first one and realized it was finger tight, all six of them were fingertight.
    He was telling the truth, the clutch was newer, just installed wrong.
    Oh well I have the new clutch set and its going in.
    as for the high peddle, Maybe I'll spring for a OEM Cable.
    Perhaps the autozone replacement is short causing the high peddle.

Well, that seems to have turned out to be better than expected and would certainly cause the slipping issue. Good thing the screws didn't back out and cause all kinds of damage if the pressure plate had spun loose.

The height of the pedal is set by the stop on the pedal bracket under the dash (i.e.-modified fulcrum point you mentioned). A minor adjustment in that stop pin/bracket can cause a large movement in the resting position of the pedal. I would concentrate on that little bugger before swapping out cables. Once you get the clutch pedal ~1" above the brake pedal and get the new clutch in, see where the quadrant lines up to the pawl and go from there. Just my $0.02.

The slack/shortness of the cable would be taken up by the quadrant. If the cable was too long it would cause the quadrant to run out of adjustment in one direction and if too short in the other direction.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    Ted,
    Is it possiable that the previous owner had bent that tab to the side ( it looks as though its bent) abd caused the peddle to sit higher?
    If the cable case was to short and the cable itself was the correct length wouldn't that case the quadrant to adjust out to much?
    Last edited by soldthedart; 10-10-2014 at 12:08 PM.

It certainly is possible the PO had messed with the tab. We likely will never know why, but something caused them to do something to get the clutch to work properly. If the cable case was shorter than normal and combined with a proper length cable, yes, your quadrant would have to adjust backward farther than normal and may run out of adjustment. It almost appears that the PO put in a cable that was too short and ran out of adjustment the other direction or simply wanted the pedal engagement higher up...who really knows other than it was messed with.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    If you want to change the height of the pedal, maximum motorsports sells a kit, MMCL-10, for $20.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT