Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reunion 2015 details

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

Reunion 2015 details

For Reunion 2015 we will be teaming up with the Saleen group.
    We will be in Birmingham Alabama, August 6th through August 9th.

Events---

Thursday August 6th,
    • THURSDAY for the Early Birds, there will be a cruise down to Wellborn Muscle Car Museum. We’ll eat lunch there then cruise back up through the Talladega National Forest stopping at the Talladega Superspeedway and the Motorsports Hall of Fame.

Thursday Evening

• THURSDAY EVENING will be our Early Bird meet & greet at the hotel, sponsored by Saw’s BBQ.

Friday, August 7th

• FRIDAY will be a driving tour stopping at Old Car Heaven in downtown Birmingham for lunch and then cruising back to the hotel.

Friday Evening
    • FRIDAY EVENING is our Welcome Bash – This event will be held in the atrium of the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts.

Saturday, August 8th

• SATURDAY is the National Show. There will also be parade laps on the track starting at noon and a High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) so you can show and go if you choose!

Saturday Evening
    • SVOCA Get together, for awards and door-prizes.

Sunday, August 9
    • SUNDAY will be the annual “See Ya” Breakfast for host hotel guests that are headed out early, then off to the Autocross driving event for the day for everyone else. We will class cars accordingly and awards will be given.

If this sounds like fun (and I can't imagine it wont be) Reserve your hotel now.
    hotel pricing is $89 per night, call the Hampton inn at 205 702 4141
    Event pricing will be available soon, and registration will be up in February 2015

I have closed and stuck this thread, so it will remain at the top, and there's one place to look for all the details. Feel free to start other threads about caravans, who's going to be there, who's getting thumped on the auto-x ... ETC

SOME items are subject to change... For instance, We may choose to do our own thing Friday night. -- if things change, they will be updated in this thread, and a post will be made here. Check your subscription settings on this thread, to make sure you get emails on updates. -- of course make sure your email address is up to date as well.

I highly recommend you hit the like button at the top left, of the page, to let your friends know!
    Lets make this another great reunion.
    Last edited by SVOPaul; 04-10-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Everyone please note there has been a slight change in the dates....there was scheduling conflict that forced the change. The Host hotel is aware of the change and is working with us so if you have made reservations please call and have the hotel move them. We are still awaiting the opening of registration for the track event and as soon as I have that it will be posted here.

The registration page is up for the SCOA: https://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/event

Please note that I've updated the current list of activities above.....most of that is the SCOA agenda...however check back as we are working on a couple of changes for you guys directly to continue with some of are traditional activities.

You only have to purchase the SCOA membership if you are participating in the High Performance Driving event on Saturday.

I have reopened this thread so if you have any questions or suggestions just post away.

16 PSI Boost
    hi still got time for registration.

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    I'm registered, now to book the hotel.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: '86 XR4Ti
    Just curious....as an SVO enthusiast (but owner of a different turbo Ford), any chance you plan to have a separate 2.3 area where non-SVOs might gather,either as a paying participants or just onlookers?

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Hey 86XR4Ti5SPD
    Because we're teaming up with the Saleen guys this year, We hadn't thought to offer setting up an area for other area for other turbo-fords (or even other regular fords)
    Everyone is certainly welcome(from the event info) so we'll contact the Saleen guys and see what they think about a turbo-4 area next to the SVO's, so you guys can hang out with us, if you want...
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

14 PSI Boost
    up and ready, almost....about....can't wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86XR4Ti5SPD View Post
    Just curious....as an SVO enthusiast (but owner of a different turbo Ford), any chance you plan to have a separate 2.3 area where non-SVOs might gather,either as a paying participants or just onlookers?
    I talked with the guys and there is a class for "Other" so any other Ford vehicle that isn't covered is welcome to join us....would love to see some other turbo Fords there!

Also, After much discussion and giving a lot of feedback....the guys went back and the open track event is now FOUR sessions instead of 2....

I need to stress to make your hotel reservations as the hotel is booking up!

SVO's: 86 2A BWD,
    Do we have a list of people attending?
    Chad
    86 2A BWD, 2019 VW Golf R, 1988 Mustang lx 5.0

Signed up today. Hopefully I will have my car ready by the reunion date. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
    Chad

14 PSI Boost
    with the reunion being a little more than a month away I was wondering if we could start a roll call and if there is enough folks going we could start a convoy list. Is there enough interest? Can't imagine anyone able to go missing on this one.

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B
    I'll be there.
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

I'm interested.
    Chad

The reunion is just weeks away and there hasn't been much talk on here about who is attending!
    Chad