Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reunion 2015 details

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    I'll be there. I'm arriving Thursday and going for the Talladega track run, then the Barber track event, followed by the autocross.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

The Host hotel has filled up so here are additional options:

Since have all but filled up the host hotel we have added alternate hotels. If you need a room and the host hotel is full, here are some options for you. These are about 4 miles down at the next exit. Thank you Jeremy Jackson for setting these up for us.

Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites
    Address: 1949 Village Dr, Leeds, AL 35094
    Phone205) 640-5300
    $88.70 per night.
    Use promotional code Saleen Nationals.
    20-25 rooms available

Comfort Inn & Suites
    Address: 1951 Village Dr, Leeds, AL 35094
    Phone205) 640-6600
    $81.00 per night for single/ $90.00 for suite.
    Use promotional code Saleen Nationals.
    25-30 rooms available

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Birmingham/Colonnade
    Address: 3950 Colonnade Pkwy.Birmingham, AL 35243
    $89.00 a nite which includes breakfast and WiFi
    This hotel is located at the intersection of Hwy. 280 and I-459
    Room block for August 5, 6, 7, and 8
    10 doubles and 10 kings. Anyone that wants to book in the block will need to make their reservations before midnight on July 22.
    No code required. Go to :http://www.marriott.com/…/group-corp...Corp.mi…

SVO's: 86 2A BWD,
    When are the times for all of the events going to be released?
    Chad
    86 2A BWD, 2019 VW Golf R, 1988 Mustang lx 5.0

There are events already listed...Friday and Saturday night for the SVO guys is still fluid...deciding on food options based on the list of who is coming(number of people is important as some venues are small). If you have not preregistered please do so today as today is the deadline for things where food is involved....Here is the list of events below. You are welcome to attend anything you like but we as the SVO group will be doing our own thing for dinner Friday and Saturday evenings.

THE SCHEDULE

THURSDAY for the Early Birds, there will be a cruise down to Wellborn Muscle Car Museum. We’ll eat lunch there then cruise back up through the Talladega National Forest stopping at the Talladega Superspeedway where you’ll have the opportunity to make a couple of hot laps around the 2.66 mile high banked oval and visit the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.

THURSDAY EVENING will be our Early Bird meet & greet at the host hotel, sponsored by Saw’s BBQ.

FRIDAY will be a driving tour stopping at Old Car Heaven in downtown Birmingham for lunch and then cruising back to the hotel.

FRIDAY EVENING is our Welcome Bash – This event will be held in the atrium of the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts.

SATURDAY is the National Show. Want your car signed by Steve Saleen? He’ll be there, along with Liz and Molly! There will also be parade laps on the track from noon to 1:00 PM if you want to see the track from the driver’s seat and there will also be High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) so you can learn what your car will really do if you choose! The HPDE will be four 20-30 minute sessions on the track (based on number of registrations) with an instructor sitting right beside you. We’ll also have a Powder Puff division (one 20-30 minute session) for the ladies that don’t want to mix it up with the men.

SATURDAY EVENING we’ll be off to dinner, set on the ground floor among the vintage cars at the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, sponsored by NAPA AutoCare Centers. Be sure to register for this event as Steve Saleen will be the guest speaker and you don’t want to miss that. Plus we’ll be awarding the Gary Alsobrooks Award to the 2015 recipient.

SUNDAY will be the annual “See Ya” Breakfast for host hotel guests that are headed out early, then off to the Autocross driving event for the day for everyone else. We will class cars accordingly and awards will be given. This event is being held in conjunction with the Alabama Region SCCA.

SVO's: 86 2R TTop, 84 1C,
    Registered

Paul I've read that thread already. It doesn't specify the times. Such as (the cruise to the hot rod museum will be at 8:30 am). Just as an example. I'm interested in driving down to the museum with the other mustangs but need to know when/where everyone is meeting up to leave.
    Last edited by inerceptor; 07-15-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Chad

14 PSI Boost
    it would be nice to gather a few times and routes everyone is taking to see if a possible if even a small caravan of us could move together. I am in east tn. and I am going early so I can catch most all of the whole shin dig, anyone else interested in going south with me. Thank's, Tony

Here is what I have been relayed:

We will post more details once we've completed registration. We will also have maps printed out for participants, as well as addresses for folks to enter into their GPS/Navigation.

For the Thursday and Friday cruises (Aug 6 and 7), departures will be from the host hotel - Hampton Inn on Rex Lake Rd in Leeds. Gathering should start at 8 am with prompt departure at 8:30 am.

Saturday (Aug 8) - car show attendees can go to Barber on their own timeframe as the show will be going on all day. For those doing HPDE, there will be a mandatory drivers' meeting at 7 am, and the DE starts at 8 am. Tech Inspection will be Friday evening between 6-8 pm and again at 6 am Saturday morn.

Sunday (Aug 9) - SCCA autocross (this is on the Alabama SCCA website)-will be held at Barber's Proving Grounds and will start early that morn.

7:00 a.m. - Gates open
    7:30-9:00 a.m. - Registration
    After 9:00 a.m. - late registration, $5 additional
    8:00-9:00 a.m. - Tech Inspection (You must be registered in order to get your car tech'd)
    9:00 a.m. - Devotional (Sundays)
    9:15 a.m. - Novice meeting and Novice course walk
    9:30 a.m. - Driver's meeting
    10:00 a.m. - First car off
    ~4:00 p.m. - course clean up and trophy presentation

Thank You Paul
    Chad

For those interested Friday we are going to head down to The new Autobahn Indoor speedway..... http://www.autobahnspeed.com/birming...door-go-karts/

They just opened and it looks to be a good time!

SVO's: 86 1C
    Ohh, electric go-carts!! A couple co-workers and I participated in a couple of winter leagues up here when they were gas karts, but lost interest when they switched to electrics. The races were on a 1/2 track and less laps...not as much fun. I have driven the electrics a few times (see below for my only vid), the thing that is weird is that the race steward can reduce your power remotely or even shut you down...nothing like the gas versions. I am in for that, looks like I will need to bring my kart helmet that has a GoPro mount on it!

https://youtu.be/eWZ2CYOlCCw
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Just got this itinerary update:

We just wanted to send some updated information. Starting Wednesday afternoon you will be able to pick up your registration packet at the host hotel, Hampton Inn, 310 Rex Lake Road, Leeds, Alabama, 35094. You must have this to participate in the weekends events as tickets and wristbands will be incuded per your registration. If you do not have these you will not be able to participate in the events you registered for.

Also, here is the weekend's ininerary. We will do our very best to stick to these times so be ready. There will be a copy of this in your registration packet.

2015 Nationals Agenda

All times are CDT

Thursday, August 06, 2015

7:30 am to 8:00 am Line up at host hotel for Thursday cruise. Be sure your tank is full.

8:30 am Depart for Wellborn Muscle Car Museum

10:30 am to 1:00 pm Wellborn Muscle car Museum and lunch

1:00 pm Depart for Talladega Super Speedway

3:00 pm to 5:00 pm Talladega Super Speedway and International Motorsports Hall of Fame

5:00 pm Depart for hotels

7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Saw’s BBQ dinner at the host hotel

9:00 pm until Trailer Talks

Friday, August 07, 2015

7:30 am to 8:00 am

Line up at host hotel for Friday cruise. Be sure your tank is full.

8:30 am Depart for Oak Mountain State Park

9:30 am to 10:30 am Mill around park, take photos, etc.

10:30 am Depart for Old Car Heaven

12:00 am to 3:00 pm Old Car Heaven and lunch

3:00 pm Depart for hotels

6:00 pm to 9:00 pm HPDE Tech inspection in the paddock under the tower

Vendor move in

6:00 pm to 10:00 pm Pizza Bash at Barber’s Motorsports Museum atrium

10:00 pm until Trailer Talks

Saturday, August 08, 2015

6:00 amGates open to vendors and HPDE Tech inspections

7:00 amMandatory driver’s meeting for HPDE participants

7:00 am to 11:00 amCar Show Registration open

8:00 am First HPDE run group tacks the track

12:00 pm to 1:00 pmPaced parade laps for Children’s of Alabama

4:00 pm to 5:00 pmAwards presentation

5:00 pm to 7:00 pmTrack closed and premises cleared

6;00 pm to 10:00 pmBanquet dinner with guest speaker Steve Saleen at Barber Motorsports Museum in Restoration Circle

10:00 pm untilTrailer Talks

Sunday, August 09, 2015

7:00 amGates open at Barber Motorsports Proving Grounds for Autocross

7:30 am to 9:00 amRegistration

8:00 am to 9:00 amTech inspection (You must be registered to get car tech’d)

9:00 amDevotional

9:15 amNovice meeting and directed course walk

9:30 amDriver’s meeting

10:00 amFirst car off

4:00 PMCourse clean up and trophy presentation
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86 1C
    Mike, you beat me to it, got the same message today as well.

I am getting close to getting my car back on the ground this week...finally. I found some suspension related issues at my June track day that had to be corrected for the HPDE @ Barber. Just got a new toy (i.e.- tool) today that will help me finish my work this week and barring any issues should be able to get a little road time before hitting the road next Thursday. My aftermarket wastegate flapper froze up again, so I had to pull it and get it swinging so I can enjoy full boost below 4500rpm. Really need to get that sorted out this winter. I designed up a new adapter plate/flapper valve, just need to pick the appropriate materials and get it machined up. I don't know why, but I always seem to throw a last minute project into the works and have to scramble through it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days down in AL! If all goes well on my road trip I should be down there by dinner (~5:30pm) on Thursday.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Might be interested in the carts on Friday. What time are you guys going?
    Chad

They open at 11am....we can grab lunch first and then go or just head down early and grab a later lunch....it's up to you guys, whatever the general concensus is...