16 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1985 1/2

SN-95 front brake conversion parts

I am finally in the process of restoring my 85 1/2 SVO. I would like to change the front brakes to SN95 type. I plan on mostly buying new parts to do this conversion and need to know what are all the parts I need to make this conversion happen. Can I use 01 Bullitt calipers and rotors? Can I still use the factory koni struts and aftermarket springs i have?

16 PSI Boost
    Tttt

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    You will need the SN95 spindles to affect the change. These spindles require the use of either SN95 struts or 87-93 fox struts.
    If you are using your stock control arms, you will need the MM spindle adapter.
    I believe the bullitt caliper and hardware is the same as the Cobra's. I just did this conversion and used the SVE cobra kit from Resto.com.
    You will need a special line adapter for the passenger side brake line to flex connection that you can get from MM. You will need to change your master cylinder and gut the stock proportional valve and install a new one.
    Maximum has most of what you need to convert this portion. you will need to install a manual prop valve. I used the hard line conversion from MM from the prop valve to MC. I had to buy another brake line from NAPA and remove and use the metric fitting as the kit from MM has 2 different size fitting and the SVO prop valve has the same size in both locations.

If I had to do it over again, I would use the 93 Cobra MC with the stock brake boost. This will require having the mounting boss machined down, but is a hole lot simpler than trying to fit the SN95 booster and MC. It can be done, but it is a lot of extra work and parts.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

16 PSI Boost
    So these below parts are the main big ticket items i need? What happens if you use the factory booster and MC?

94 spindles/hub
    94-04 control arms
    94-04 Koni struts
    94-04 13" front cobra brake kit

Quote Originally Posted by j0eyabs View Post
    So these below parts are the main big ticket items i need? What happens if you use the factory booster and MC?
    You can use your stock booster, but you need to change the master cylinder to the 93 Cobra version. You will need to have the MC boss machined down to fit the SVO booster and your will need the Maximum Motorsports MC conversion tubing to make an easy swap. You will need to gut your stock proportioning valve and install a plug, also available from MM. And lastly, you will need to install a manual proportioning valve in the hard line at the PS firewall.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

16 PSI Boost
    What happens if u use the stock MC with a manual porportioning valve?

The brake pedal is to hard and it is scary to drive. If you don't change the master cylinder to match the calipers, then you might as well not do the conversion and stay with the stock setup with better pads.

Here is a write up I did on my upgrade:

http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthrea...facelift/page5

Post #67
    Last edited by GAboySVO; 08-15-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

16 PSI Boost
    Is there any links to a step by step sn95 upgrade for the SVO? Everything should be simple except for the machining of the MC and porportioning valve gutting.

You can check the MM site. They have some PDF installation guides that would be helpful. Also, ask google or you tube.

Gutting the proportional valve is easy. Just unscrew the hex head valve, remove, and install new replacement cap.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

16 PSI Boost
    Thanks i guess it will make more sense once i tear into it.

It's easier than it seems. You just need to make sure to have all of the right parts on hand before you start.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT