14 PSI Boost

has anyone tried the track pack wheels and tires yet?

wondering about the fit on the track packs from the late models, 19 inch wheel. Can get a set reasonable but haven''t tried them, has anyone here tried then on for size> Pics if possible.
    Thank's, Tony

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    from previous experience, fitting 18 or 19 inch wheels under an SVO is not a straight forward process.

there's some threads on it here about that, but 17's about as large as you are going to fit without issue.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

14 PSI Boost
    wasn't even thinking about that. You know, sometimes I get wound up when something looks good and the price is right. Thank's Eric
    Tony

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    not saying don't try it, Paul Becker had 18" FR500 wheels on his car for a while. (it took some mods to get them on)

there's a possibility it might work, just saying in the past, it generally don't work so well
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

14 PSI Boost
    I'll leave this one alone, I was really fortunate to get this (right place/right time).
    Tony

SVO's: 86 1C
    Tony, I would think you could fit a 19" rim...but it would have to be a really short sidewall on the tire to keep its diameter down even if the offset was correct. Stock tire effective height is ~24.11" and I would hesitant to go taller than a 245/45R17 at ~24.91" based on my own experience. Looking at a 19" rim you would be looking at a 245/35R19 to give ~24.98" height or if you slimmed down to a 245/30R19 would bring you in at ~24.04". Interesting things to ponder, but you would still likely end up with a wheel combo that is heavier than even the factory setup.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4