Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: '86 SVO Project

SVO's: 86 1C
    Looking good. I hope he can match the paint to your satisfaction. Metallic Gray's are a PITA....
    86 SVO 1C

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 SVO
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Looking good. I hope he can match the paint to your satisfaction. Metallic Gray's are a PITA....
    I hope so! He's the best I've ever saw at matching paint. I've watched him take a can of this and a can of that and make a color that we had no idea what it was to start with. But when it comes to something with a lot of pearl in it, its anyone's guess!

14 PSI Boost
    Lookie what came in the mail today!

No time to get it actually working, not knowing anything about the system, I want to have it pulled apart and checked before I even thought about spraying it, but it will look nice in the hatch! Gonna get it painted the same color as the car.

14 PSI Boost
    Went and checked on it tonight, he's go the door moldings on, although one of them was a little tweaked in shipping, he put it on anyway, I wouldn't have had time to order another one I should have inspected it before, oh well. The door rubbers are on too. Everything is sanded down and ready to paint!

He tweaked the front bumper and put a couple of rivets in it to pull it in. He's got one more place to grind and then it should clear the tire.

Should be ready late Saturday evening! Right on schedule! He got the paint today and while the fuel door came up as the correct color code after they hit it with their color gun, it still mixed a little dark, but he feels confident he can make it match.

For your dew wipes, you can re-use your old metal strip and just install the new rubber into it. Then you won't have to worry with sending for a replacement....
    86 SVO 1C

SVO's: 86 2R CP 86 9L CP
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    For your dew wipes, you can re-use your old metal strip and just install the new rubber into it. Then you won't have to worry with sending for a replacement....
    +1 , The original metal strips are better than the reproductions. Swapping the rubber over is easy.

14 PSI Boost
    I'll change them back out later, for now they are in and ready to ride! No time to look back lol. Update coming soon!

14 PSI Boost
    Picked up my seats this morning, turned out great!

Got her back from paint right on time today when I got off. It turned out great! Wish I had fixed a few more spots if I had known it would match this good!!

Little fresh paint in here.

Windshield and sunroof trim painted trim black. Its hard to beat fresh trim black! May do some more trim at a later date.

Got the nitrous bottle painted to match.

Ran down to my buddies shop and grabbed a couple of bottle mounts.

The bad part about being in a body shop, it was filthy, but I got her washed up and dried off. Ready to detail tomorrow night.

The inside rear panels on the car are pretty rough. I had a set put up in storage, so I dug them out.

Little water and they aren't too bad, but I may toss a fresh coat of paint on them if I can find something close without having to order it(no time!)

Its getting closer to the beach, but she's getting closer to done!!!!

good update....
    86 SVO 1C

14 PSI Boost
    Okay, so when the inner panels dried, they weren't as good as I had hoped.

So nothing else to do but paint them. I'm not exactly sure what color the panels in the car were supposed to be? Or care because its not stock, plus there was no time to order any correct paint. So whatever I could find in duplicolor had to do! I think it turned out pretty nice, closer to the new seats, I'll match the rest of the panels to it while they are out tomorrow.

But before paint, gotta clean!!

Free labor!!

Seriously though, I've got some good guys at work, never say no to my stupid projects!!

First time using this, heard good things about it before, never tried it but I had some on the shelf so what the heck.

Aaaaand painted.

After work it was time to detail, detail, detail.

First, clay bar.

Then wax, been using this polish for a few years, its pretty good stuff.

Finished it off with some quick n' slick.

The svo with the '13, getting closer!!

And a shot with my dad's Shelby.

Driving it to work tomorrow, off to the mechanic first thing for putting the interior back together and who knows what mechanically. I've got every possible part I could think of it might need either in stock, available by two, or Thursday, so here's hoping for the best!!

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Looking good.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

14 PSI Boost
    She's fighting me this morning, pulled her out of the shop, left it idling, it dies while I'm closing the doors and boom the battery is dead.

She's getting a new interstate though today!!

Along with all these parts!!

I knew I was missing one header bolt, but turns out, they were all finger tight. Wondering if that wasn't causing some of my idle issues with it sucking air there.

14 PSI Boost
    Okay a little update, no pics cause its at the mechanic shop.

Got the new rear brakes on and painted up the old calipers and what not.

Hit a snag with the front rotors, from some reason the new ones aren't fitting? But the old ones were good so we stuck the new calipers, pads and hoses on with the old rotors. It will have to do for now.

The best news is, the ac is working!!! The head pressure is a little high on the compressor, but fingers crossed it stays together!!

The rest of the interior pieces are painted, old headliner is out, hopefully everything will be buttoned up by the end of the day!!

14 PSI Boost
    Ahhhhhhhhh how many hours left??

14 PSI Boost
    Sorry for the lack of updates. The car is basically done, just a few things left. But the most important thing, it made the seven hour ride to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week this morning without missing a beat!! Averaged 26 miles per gallon! I'll post some more updated pics here in a day or so!