Thread: 1984 SVO project

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: Silver 1984

1984 SVO project

After having this car and working on it for nearly a year, I'm finally going to try to put a build thread together of my progress (and lack of). I spent the first few months concentrating on the interior and I'm still not done there. Had a big dilemma over the carpet I ordered not fitting at all. Eventually I just bought used 93 GT carpet and cleaned it up, and dyed it. Working on a car that needs this much attention is like the proverbial chicken and egg, trying to decide where to start. The header panel had quite a bit of damage that had to be repaired behind the passenger side headlight. I put new Koni reds on the front because it had ill fitting Monroe's installed. Also changed all the front bushings over to poly. Currently the engine is out of the car, being rebuilt. I'm not looking to go wild, just freshen it up and put a roller cam in. The plan right now is after getting the engine together it'll be on to paint and then big plans for the rear suspension. Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoy my mess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails svo2.jpg   svo1.jpg   IMAG1316.jpg   IMAG1317.jpg   IMAG1183.jpg  

Last edited by DanOs84; 12-26-2015 at 05:10 AM.

6 PSI Boost
    Here is my interior along with my gauges after converting over to LEDs. New 2007 GT wheels with fresh BFG rubber and engine on my engine stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG14062.jpg   IMAG1028.jpg   IMAG13022.jpg   IMAG1475.jpg  
    Last edited by DanOs84; 12-26-2015 at 05:07 AM.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Nice work so far, certainly looks like an all-inclusive project ride for sure! I like the interior LED's under the dash, did a similar upgrade to my DD since there were no front cabin lights at all in the car (?!?).
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    That header panel is amazingly-intact compared to the one on our 86. I ended up having to span some gaps wit fiberglass weave. It's now our spare. :-)
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    It's kind of hard to tell in the picture on the header panel, but the entire area behind the headlight bucket was busted out. In the picture that piece is just sitting in place. I thought the whole panel was shot though and was pleasantly surprised when I pulled the front bumper cover off.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Good work, keep the updates coming in....
    86 SVO 1C